Reputable Children’s Event Business For Sale
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
- Asking Price: £9,950 +SAV
Financial information available upon request.
Please quote reference B06305
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B06305
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market a much-loved children's party events supply company established by our client 6 years ago.
The delightful, run from home business model was the brainchild of our client who originally thought of the idea while attending a wedding and realising there was little to keep kids entertained or comfortable.
‘What about the kids’ was created after being faced with the question …. what to do with the kids when invited to events?
Our client quickly embarked on supplying specially sized chairs/tables, tableware, bows & balloons, party bags & boxes for birthdays, christenings and weddings.
As the demand increased, our client identified the potential to expand to new areas by partnering with existing party/fancy dress shops. She quickly added 3 x new branches in Hitchin, Reading and Maidstone with each shop receiving a stock of the chairs/table which they then take full responsibility for the delivery and collection for each event.
Our client manages all bookings centrally, she can cater for standard birthday parties for between 15-20 children upto larger celebrity parties for 60 children.
One of the unique selling points of What about the kids is that they solely focus on catering for children only, many larger events companies will manage the complete process of organising a party, wedding or celebration but will work at a much higher complete cost.
Key business features -
- Drop and collection service only
- Daily hire rate charged
- Regularly painted white wooden chairs & tables
- Reusable and disposable tableware
- Chair bows, masks & balloons
- Party bags & boxes
- Weekend focused hire
- Fully insured
Key selling points -
- Top Google ranked business
- Excellent customer reviews
- 99% of enquiries organically through Google
- Very little competition
- Opportunity to expand to other parts of the country
- 5-10 daily enquiries
- Business website (with potential to add a real time booking facility)
- Instagram page
- Facebook page
- Run from home opportunity
- Full business handover offered
- White wooden tables and chairs:
- Reading Branch: 60 chairs 15 tables
- Maidstone Branch: 48 chairs 13 tables
- Tunbridge Wells HQ: 94 chairs and 20 tables (2 branches worth) in storage/requires reassembling
- TOTAL 202 chairs and 48 tables.
- Plastic reusable tableware (cup, plate) x 36 in pastel colours (white, pink, yellow, blue, green and grey)
- 3 x flatbed trolleys used to transport furniture from van to venue.
- Cap covers to cover screw heads to prevent scratching
- 2 x pull up advertising banners (one at Reading, one at Maidstone)
- Various sized ‘What About The Kids branded T -shirts’
- 7 White high chairs
Very rarely do run from home businesses of this type come on to the market and we therefore recommend early enquiry to avoid disappointment.
The business is ran and managed by our client.
What about the kids is currently run from our client’s home in Kent with two further branches in Reading and Maidstone.
Majority of the children’s parties supplied are within these areas.
Any new owner would benefit from being located within these two areas or closer to West London where the demand is high.
The business is fully transferable with no business premises.
A garage for storage will be required.