Reputable Food Delivery Business For Sale
- Asking Price: £30,000 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £290,000 as of 2021, further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06994
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06994
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Marrows Ltd, an independently owned fresh fruit and vegetable supplier operating in the desirable Cotswolds triangle.
The ‘turn-key’ opportunity was established by our client over 5 years ago and is now looking to pass on the business due to the business being located over 30 miles from where he now lives.
Marrows Ltd prides itself on supplying reliable, locally sourced fresh fruit and vegetables to both domestic homes, wholesale and those visiting their newly refurbished production unit in Nailsworth.
We are advised there are 40 trade accounts receiving weekly deliveries.
Trade accounts include -
- Nursing homes
These boxes include -
- Build a Box - allows customers to choose their own combination
- Fruit Box - mixed selection ranging from £15-£30
- Seasonal Veg, Salad and Fruit Box - mixed selection ranging from £15 - £30
- Soup Box - large box of all required ingredients £16
- Grazing Box - raw snacking £17.50
- Potato Sacks - £11- £17.50
- Juicing Oranges - £20
- Heritage Tomato Box - £20
- Edible Flowers - £3.25
- String Garlic - £7.50
- Free Range Eggs - £1.40- - £1.70
- Gloucestershire Honey
Key selling points -
- New website with online ordering facility (similar cost of £5-7,000)
- Excellent customer reviews
- Facebook page - 1037 likes
- Instagram page - 293 followers
- High demand for locally produced fruit & veg
- Ideal 'lifestyle changing’ business opportunity
- Recently refurbished storage/preparation unit
- 3 x delivery vans included
- Staff team in place
- Lots of options to increase current sales
Further growth potential -
- Increase domestic delivery customers
- Add a new range of ‘complete meal’ boxes - potential partnering with a catering company could provide a very exciting new customer base (meal boxes similar to those available from HelloFresh)
- Adding a cold drinks menu - including juices, ciders & wines
- Increase current opening hours
- Increase social media advertising
- New leaflet drop - domestic & potential trade accounts
- 3x vans
- Office equipment, printer, desks etc
- Walk in fridge
- 2x small fridges
- 3x wooden shelve units
- 7x shelving units
- 2x old fridges (used for storage)
- 2x freezer
- 4x weighing scales
We are advised our client will be offering a full business handover period to allow the smooth transition to any new buyer.
The business is run and managed by 2 full time and 1 part time staff member.
The business trading hours are:
Monday - 09:00am - 14:00pm
Tuesday to Friday - 09:00am - 16:00pm
Saturday - 09:00am - 13:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Marrows Ltd operates from both a walk in unit located in Nailsworth in Gloucestershire as well as a delivery area covering the Cotswold triangle and beyond.
Main locations include -
The premises is comprised of the following:
Ground floor -
- Retail customer area
- Rear store area
- Large walk in fridge
- Freezer store area
- Toilet facilities
- Large office/storage area - currently sublet to a catering company
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with 10 years remaining on the Lease, the rent is £1,000 per month.