Reputable Food Takeaway & Bar For Sale
Please quote reference B06336
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market a thriving Bar and Takeaway within the centre of Grantham generating a combined weekly average turnover of 5,000.
The bar side of the business was already very well known within the area and attacked a very loyal customer base however during the Covid lockdown periods, our client used this time to further develop the food delivery side of the business which has proven to be extremely popular.
The bar has a capacity of 60 people inside and is one of the few venues in the area which has a weekend licence until 2am.
Our clients have both updated the decor of the bar as well added new kitchen equipment which will be available with the sale, due to a new business opportunity in a different area they have now decided to sell and move on.
The food takeaway side of the business significantly increased due to a new menu as well as updating the website and partnering with Just Eat, Deliveroo & Food Hub.
The current menu includes:
- Jacket Potatoes
- Soft Drinks
Just Eat - 5.6/6 from 260 votes:
‘Food was excellent, burgers are very thick and cooked perfect’
‘Best takeaway in town by a mile! Such good quality, always order from here, great food’
‘First time ordering from Bar Retro and very impressed! Order arrived before expected delivery time, food was very well packaged and presented and hot! Burgers tasted great and had good portions. Would happily order from them again and recommend to others’
As you can see from the menu, the business caters for breakfast, lunches and evening meals, all available to either eat in, have ready for collection or delivered.
Key selling points:
- ‘Turn-key’ operation
- Low rental terms
- Nil business rates
- £3,500 food to £1,500 wet sales mix
- Increasing bar trade
- New menu with 5,000 leaflets available
- Business website
- Facebook - 5 star rated/ 539 likes
- Foodhub - 4.5/5 rated
- Option to extend current opening hours
- Business handover offered
- 1x double fryer
- 2 x electric griddle
- 1x 4 slice toaster
- 1 x panini press
- 2x commercial electric pizza ovens
- 2 x commercial 1000-watt microwave
- 1 x electric fan oven
- 3 x larder fridge
- 2 x larder freezer
- 1 x lrg chest freezer
- 2 x small chest freezer
- 2 x under counter freezer
- Selection of crockery and all cutlery pot and pans
- 3 x stainless steel worktops
- Cctv system 8 cameras and 42inc monitor
- 2 x metal pantry shelves
- 2 x plastic pantry shelves
- 1 x dishwasher
- 1 x integrated hob and extractor fan
- All glassware
- 1 x single espresso coffee machine
- 1 x mini Jager fridge
- 1 x 3 door commercial bottle fridge
- 1 x epos till system
- 1 x commercial glass washer
- 1 x ice machine
- 8 x disco light effects
- 1 x do mixer
- 2x peavey active 300-watt speakers
- Internal speaker system (5 speakers)
- 1x projector and pull-down screen
- 1x new 50inc tv
- 3-piece red leather suite
- 6x handmade wooden tables
- 3 x red leather bar stools
- 10 x grey metal bar stools
- 15 x metal/ cushioned chairs
- Various memorabilia from 70s 80s and 90s
- 2 x outside table and 6x red stacker chairs
- 2 x parasol and umbrellas
We are advised the projected turnover for 2021 is circa £300,000.
Please quote reference B06336
The business is ran and managed by 1 full time and 4 part time staff members.
The business trading hours are as followed:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday to Sunday - 08:30am - 21:30pm
Bar Retro & Takeaway occupies a highly desirable trading position along Westgate within the heart of Grantham.
Westgate attracts a high footfall due to its choice of independent cafes/retailers/florists/hair salons/coffee shops/toy shop/interior stores as well as major high street names such as Anytime fitness/HSBC/Tropicana tan, choice of local bars & restaurants.
The entrance to the Town's main shopping arcade, the George, is just a few doors up.
Grantham is a much-loved market Town in in the south Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, located just off the A1/A52 motorway.
The business benefits from some free limited parking on Westgate as well a larger pay and display car park within 2 mins walk.
Nearest mainline station is Grantham.
The premises are comprised of:
- Open plan bar with choice of sofas, mid-level chairs and tables
- Rear bar servery (with higher level bar stools)
- Large kitchen
- Store room
- Kitchen toilets
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with 4 years remaining on the Lease, the rent is £1014 per month.