Reputable Outdoor Activities & Leisure Business For Sale
- Asking Price: £388,000 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £206,000 as of 2021, further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06318
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06318
Hilton Smythe is delighted to welcome to the market a well-established and highly rated, family run outdoor activity centre, set in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside.
The Edge Outdoor Activities Limited was founded in 2011 and the current owner has run it since 2018. The business has been a real labour of love for her accruing an impressive number of regular customers and a burgeoning reputation.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due the vendors wish to pursue a change of direction, she is keen to see her beloved activity centre pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
The Edge Outdoor Activities centre offers range of activities including:
- High Ropes, one of the largest in the country
- Laser Tag
- Climbing Wall
- Air Rifle Shooting
- Axe knife throwing
- Mountain Boarding
- Zorb Strike
The sale will include the company website (edgeoutdooractivities.co.uk) and Facebook page (1275 likes) and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet.
Scope to improve
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Extend the opening hours
- Explore online voucher discounters such as Wowcher and Groupon etc
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Lends itself as a Bolt on to an existing leisure business
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, especially in the light of the Staycation holidays upturn.
- Archery - £2900
- Bows, Arrows, Bosses, Targets, Guards, Spares.
- Crossbows x 4 - £500 Bolts - £100
- 9 x Segway x2 - £2250 each
- Helmets x 10 - £600
- Air rifles and Pellets - £2000
- Mountain Boarding - 9 Boards - £1100
- Helmets and Pads - £700
- High Ropes Course - £150,000
- Harnesses - £3000
- Helmets - £1500
- Rescue Equipment - £1500
- Spare PPE - £2000
- Cafe - £15,000
- Climbing Wall and Belays - £20,000
- Office - £6000
- Outbuildings - (Toilet, Stores, Shelters x 4) - £10,000
- two old containers - £3000
- Extra Laser Tag Guns - £3500, we own some of our laser tag equipment and also lease.
- Computers - £2000
- Office Equipment - £2500
- Axe and Knife Equipment - £500
- All Zorb Strike Activities - £17,000
This great little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
The business is ran and managed by our client with the help of up to 20 zero contract part time staff members.
The business trading hours are as followed:
Monday to Friday - 10:00am - 15:00pm
Saturday & Sunday - 09:00am - 17:00pm
The Edge Outdoor Activities Ltd is located in Ware.
Ware is a town in Hertfordshire, close to the county town of Hertford. The town lies on the A10 road which is partly shared with the east-west A414. The former route of the A10 through the town is now the A1170. The railway station is on the Hertford East Branch Line and operated by Greater Anglia.
The business is ideally situated at the popular leisure destination, Westmill Farm
Westmill Farm has a great range of attractions for everyone. There is a welcoming restaurant serving fine home cooked food and two function rooms, a nine-hole, par 3 golf course, 3 fishing lakes, a fishing tackle shop, indoor children’s play centre, garden centre, art and pine furniture shops and model car off-road track.
There is ample free parking.
The business occupies a wonderful position in the Hertfordshire countryside. There are approximately 10 acres of land which overlook three spectacular lakes and rolling hills. There is a portacabin office and reception, a Café, a staff room, and numerous outbuildings used for activities and storage.
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with 10 years remaining on the Lease, the rent is £1850 per month.