Reputable Pub For Sale
Oldbury, West Midlands
- Asking Price: £49,995 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £143,000 as of 2021, further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06784
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06784
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of The Bell Inn which is a well-established Public house with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a popular and well used local business in an area teeming with customers.
There has been a public house at this site for many years and the current owner has run it for the last 19 years during which time it has accrued an impressive number of regular customers along with a fantastic reputation. The business can truly be said to be at the heart of the local community and has been a real labour of love for the owner.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with heavy heart only due the vendors wish to take a well-earned retirement, he is keen to see his beloved public house pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level
The Bell Inn is currently 100% wet sales.
The business is popular with locals but also has customers that travel from some way away, such is its popularity and it enjoys some lovely reviews such as;
“ Great Beer, Guinness is spot on “
“ Good Beer, nice darts set up and great people “
“ Best Beer in Sandwell and lovely atmosphere “
“ Warm and welcoming with friendly staff and customers, highly recommended “
Scope to Improve
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media
- Introduce a food offering, the business has previously had a restaurant which proved popular and lucrative
- Sublet the restaurant premises to a complimentary business
- Make use of the two floors above the business
- Reinstate the previously popular Function Room, real demand in the area
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers at the heart of the local community
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Offers a number of potentially very lucrative, subletting possibilities
- Current owner would be happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business.
- A real opportunity to increase turnover / profits, current owner has been running at a pace to suit recently.
- Little or no real competition locally.
Hilton Smythe highly recommends early enquiry to avoid disappointment.
This lovely business is likely to attract considerable interest.
The business is owner run and managed with the help of 4 part time staff members.
The business trading hours are as followed:
Monday to Thursday - 11:00am - 22:00pm
Friday & Saturday 11:00am 00:00am
Sunday - 11:00am - 22:00pm
The Bell Inn is located In Oldbury.
Oldbury is a market town and administrative centre in Sandwell, West Midlands. At the 2011 census, the ward of Oldbury had a population of 13,606, while the wider built up area has a population of 25,488.
Oldbury is close to the M5 which passes the town on an elevated section built on reinforced concrete pillars. Access is from Junction 2. The majority of bus services serving Oldbury are operated by National Express West Midlands and Diamond Bus providing links to Birmingham and the Black Country district.
The Bell Inn is an imposing Victorian building that occupies a prominent main road corner position in a densely populated area that comprises a mix of property types including privately owned, rented and council accommodation. The business is close to industrial areas also.
The business is nicely presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive livery. Given its main road position the business benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade. There is free on street parking in the roads and streets surrounding the premises.
The Bell Inn occupies impressive detached premises which are very generously proportioned. The premises date from the Victorian era and retain many period details. The premises briefly comprise;
- Generous bar, windows and doors to front creating a light , airy and inviting interior, high ceilings, tiled floor, long bar with timber counter, banquette seating, tables and chairs
- Lovely room with bay window, intricate coving, high ceilings, banquette seating, period tiled floor
- With high ceilings, period detailing, banquette seating
- Triple aspect windows which flood the room with light, Pool table, feature intricate coving and amazing ceiling roses
- Ladies and Gents toilets
- To the rear of the main bars is a 50 seater restaurant that offers subletting possibilities with panoramic windows all round creating a light, airy and inviting interior, tiled floor and nice quality tables and chairs.
- There is a comprehensively equipped catering kitchen with tiled floor and stainless steel cladding to walls, full extraction system with stainless steel canopy, twin basket, Lincat fryer, 6 burner range cooker with oven beneath, twin stainless steel sinks with drainers, Tandoor oven, 2 compartment counter fridge with salad bar, 10 pot Bain Marie, stainless steel hand wash basin, twin door stainless steel fridge, glass topped ice cream freezer, stainless steel preparation tables
- Very large function room , tiled floor, suspended ceiling with concealed lighting, good quality tables and chairs along with banquette seating, bespoke bar with wooden counter, 7 points of dispense, optics display, EPOS till system, glass shelving.
- With wall mounted Ideal boiler, twin stainless steel sinks, glass wash and two microwave ovens
- With usual bar equipment and barrel storage, door to side to enable easy loading / unloading
- A really impressive room and reminiscent of something from the TV series ‘Peaky Blinders’ with full size snooker table and feature vaulted ceiling, period bar with beautifully ornate carving and wooden counter
- With 3 piece sanitary ware
- With window to side, range of base and wall units, stainless steel sink and drainer.
- With space for desk, chair and filing cabinets etc
- Good sized double with window to side, feature picture rail and radiator
- Generous double with window to side, feature coving to ceiling
- An exceptionally generous room with triple aspect windows flooding the room with natural light, high ceilings and access to roof space
- Good sized double with window to front, feature picture rail, radiator
- Galleried landing
- Walk in store
- Useful store cupboard
- Generous double with built in wardrobe and coving to ceiling
- Generous double with window to side
- There is a secure and generous beer garden to the rear of the premises predominantly laid to tarmac
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with a new Lease and rent terms to be agreed.
The rent will be £2,500 per month.