Saddlery manufacturer and designer of handmade leather saddles and other equine tack
- Asking Price: £269,995 +SAV
Turnover IRO - £362k in 2022.
- 100% share sale.
- Prospective purchasers will be required to sign an NDA.
- The shareholders are offering highly flexible terms of sale and are open to selling a part or all of the business.
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B06005
The business is a saddlery company that manufactures and retails its own brands of hand-made English leather saddles, bridles, girths, stirrup leathers, and saddle pads, with a special focus on difficult-to-fit horses. Within the UK, the company also offers a saddle and bridle-fitting service.
Established in the 2000s, the business an award-winning saddlery company that manufactures and retails its own brands of hand-made English leather saddles, bridles, girths, stirrup leathers, and saddle pads. Within the UK, the company also offers a saddle- and bridle-fitting service. With its highly-specialised and bespoke service, the company has earned clients across the globe – from the Czech Republic, and Portugal, through to the USA and Australia.
Boasting over 20-years of experience, the company has gained international prestige on account of its specialist saddle designs that are specifically adapted to different breeds of horses and ponies – including British native ponies, cobs and wide horses, Arabs, high-withered Thoroughbreds and sports horses, Iberians, Friesians, Icelandic horses and other international breeds. The shareholders say that they have built a reputation “for being able to provide, not only products that fit these ponies, but that look good, last, and can be adjusted and maintained throughout their lifetime”.
In 2021 and 2022, the company won the ‘Best Saddlery Design Company’ award in the Global Excellence Awards, and has previously been named ‘Saddlery of the Year’ and ‘Leaders in Dressage Design’. The company has also fitted saddles for customers who have gone on to become National and European champions. The company also benefits from a number of high-profile sponsored riders – a testament to the company’s innovative and thoughtfully-designed saddles.
The company has a number of important gains to offer the prospective purchaser, including:
- A vast international client base, and a database of 7000 clients;
- Outstanding reputation for high quality products and its ability to fit difficult-to-fit horses;
- A healthy financial profile with a turnover of £362,794 and an operating profit of £55,623 in 2022;
- Ongoing relationships with multiple suppliers;
- Large stock holdings;
- Good digital presence, with active social media accounts and a number of websites;
- Sale will include the company’s various trademarks;
- The good will generated over many years of fruitful business, that will reduce the need for any significant marketing investment;
- A relocatable business opportunity that may well suit a similar-sized or larger enterprise looking to increase its presence in the industry;
- Ample scope for growth.
- A profitable saddlery company, with a prestigious international client base, a number of USPs, and a reputation for high-quality, bespoke products;
- Brand-leaders in the equestrian saddle industry;
- Large stock holdings;
- A database of 7000 clients and several thousand active customers;
- Ongoing relationships with multiple suppliers/manufacturers;
- Ample scope for growth;
- Relocatable business opportunity;
- Flexible terms of sale.
- Significant potential to expand into e-commerce sales;
- Opportunity to invest in targeted marketing, e.g. exhibiting at a larger range of equine shows, or expanding onto other digital marketing channels;
- Potential to expand the workforce;
- Opportunity to sell to trade customers;
- Potential to expand the company’s product range;
- An ideal acquisition for an existing saddlery company, or dynamic entrepreneurs within the equestrian industry.
Experienced team of staff in place.
Due to the nature of the business, it operates all year round.
Operates across the UK.
Business Only basis.