Specialist In Professional Domestic & Commercial Carpet Cleaning
- Asking Price: £29,500 +SAV
Kleencare generated an advised annual turnover of circa £26,000 as of the 2018 accounts but it needs to be stressed that the business is is currently being run at a pace to suit and has enjoyed higher turnover previously.
- Tenure: Business Only
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been appointed as the selling agent for Kleencare.
Kleencare was founded nearly forty years ago and the current owner has run it successfully and lucratively for the last fourteen. The business has been a real labour of love for him and it has flourished whilst under his ownership.
Alas the business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to our clients wish to take a well-earned retirement. He is keen to see his beloved business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Kleencare have specialised in professional upholstery and carpet cleaning for nearly forty years throughout Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford.
The business uses the most powerful equipment available to ensure that their customers receive a top-quality service at all times. Kleencare are happy to undertake any domestic or commercial carpet, no matter how small or large.
The business has an upmarket client base with the average sale being approximately £120 whilst the minimum charge is £55.
Services provided by Kleencare include;
• Carpet cleaning
• Upholstery cleaning
• Antique rug cleaning
• Leather suite cleaning
• Carpet stain protection
• Allergen protection
• Free quotes and advice
• Dirt removal
• Friendly professional service
The business is currently based in Stoke on Trent but is being sold as a relocatable business and could feasibly be run from anywhere in the country although a local new owner would obviously benefit from a database which is included in the sale, with over 14,000 customers.
Kleencare currently covers the following areas;
• Newcastle Under Lyme
The sale will include sign written company van, 3 powerful, modern carpet cleaning machines, as well as all ancillary equipment needed to run the business.
The sale will also include the company website (kleencare-carpet cleaning.co.uk)
The business enjoys great visibility on the internet via sites such as www.yelp.co.uk, www.bigdirectory.com, www.bark.com, www.yell.com and www.thompsonlocal.com.
The business also receives a significant amount of work from the local parish magazine in which it advertises and has an impressive number of regular customers, many of whom use the business at least a couple of times each year.
Kleencare also carries out work for corporate customers, which is a particularly lucrative income stream. Customers include;
• Fedex UK Head Office
• Bio Composites
• North Staffs medical institute
• Moat House Hotel
Kleencare attends a wide range of corporate clients such as;
• Letting agents
Scope to Improve
• Advertising and marketing campaign
• Maximise the use of social media particularly Facebook and Twitter
• Email campaign to all previous customers
• Extend the trading hours
• Expand the area geographically
• Increase prices
• Explore online voucher discounters such as Groupon and Wowcher
• Employ additional operatives
• Canvass corporate companies with a view to becoming their preferred supplier
Reasons to Buy
• A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
• Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business
• A real opportunity to increase turnover significantly, current owner has been running at a pace to suit.
• Ideal bolt on to an existing cleaning business
• No specialist knowledge is required, the work can be quite heavy but a fit new owner with basic DIY skills could run successfully within a few days
• Everything included making this a real turnkey business opportunity
• Perfect run from home business
• Ideal owner managed or partnership business
• Sale will include computer with bespoke software package and extensive database
A new owner would be advised to attend a one-day training course run by the National Carpet Cleaners Association (NCCA) and this will help with the necessary Public and Product Liability Insurances.
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
This great little business really does have fantastic potential and the first to see will buy.
The business is run and managed by our client.
Monday to Friday 9.15 am - 3.00 pm
The business is currently being run at a pace to suit. A new owner should look at increasing the hours and will a significant upturn in turnover.
Kleencare is currently based in Stoke on Trent but is being sold as a relocatable business opportunity and could feasibly be run from anywhere in the country.
The business currently covers the following areas:
• Stoke on Trent
• Newcastle Under Lyme
There are no premises included in the sale, however equipment below is included:
• A fully sign written Ford Transit Van
• Ashby Enforcer Carpet cleaning machine (Top Of the range model)
• Ninja carpet and upholstery cleaning machine
• Texatherm TC170 encapsulating rotary machine
• Gloria 505T 5 litre 6 bar Pro Line High Performance sprayer
• Various carpet and upholstery tools in all sizes
• All hoses and electrical cables
• Computer with printer
• Bespoke software package for invoicing purposes
• Database with approximately 14000 customers
The business is being sold on a relocatable, business only basis.