Successful And Well Established Fish And Chip Shop
- Asking Price: £39,950 +SAV
Llanfair Fish Bar generates an advised current turnover of circa £80,000 but it needs to be appreciated that the business is currently being run at a pace to suit.
Please quote reference B04510
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B04510
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Llanfair Fish Bar.
Llanfair Fish Bar was founded over 30 years ago and is the only fish and chip shop in the town and as a result has become a real feature of the local community.
The current owner has run the business successfully and lucratively for the last four years or so and is only selling to concentrate on her other food business in Shrewsbury.
Llanfair Fish Bar is a traditional and well used fish and chip shop offering a comprehensive menu including;
- Fish, Cod, Haddock, Plaice, Fish Cakes.
- Chips, small & large.
- Pies, Steak & Kidney, Steak, Chicken & Mushroom, Cornish Pasties.
- Sausage, small large & battered.
- Kebabs served with salad and a variety of sauces.
- Accompaniments, curry sauce, mushy peas etc.
- Cold drinks, cans and bottles etc.
Scope to Improve:
- Advertising and marketing campaign.
- Maximise the use of social media.
- Website ideally with an online ordering facility.
- Explore online offerings from the likes of Just Eat and Hungry House.
- Sublet the substantial accommodation above the premises.
- Consider converting the accommodation to a holiday let, could command weekly holiday rents of £600-£700 during peak holiday periods.
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many regular customers.
- Low running costs with reasonable rent and no business rates.
- Includes substantial living accommodation above.
- Offers subletting possibilities.
- A real lifestyle business offering the opportunity to move away from the rat race and move to a beautiful Welsh town with spectacular scenery and walks on the doorstep.
- Little or no competition locally.
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, current owner has been running at a pace to suit due to her other business interests.
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business.
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
- Priced to facilitate a quick sale.
This great business is likely to attract considerable interest.
The business is run and managed by the owner’s son and wife.
Monday to Friday 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm, 4.30 pm – 9.00 pm
Saturday 12.00 pm – 2.00 pm, 4.30 pm - 10.00 pm
Sunday 4.30 pm – 9.00 pm
Llanfair Fish Bar is in Llanfair Caereinion in Montgomeryshire.
Llanfair Caereinion is in the heart of old Montgomeryshire’s Banwy valley and is one of the smallest towns in Powys. The quaint and sleepy exterior of the town give it a picture book feel that typifies the traditional Welsh countryside.
The Welshpool to Llanfair Light Railway operates from the eastern edge of town, a short walk over the Banwy Bridge from the hilly streets of the centre.
The Church of St. Mary stands at the heart of Llanfair Caereinon and despite being built in 1868 still retains 15th century roof timbers, a fine south doorway and baptismal font from the early 13th century.
The church in nearby Llanllugan is also of particular interest, dating back to the 6th century and retaining a 15th century stained glass window of true beauty.
The Arboretum on the banks of the Banwy contains over 25 different species of British trees and is an idyllic place to wander around and enjoy the sound of the river rushing past.
Every year the Llanfair Caereinion Carnival proceeds through the town with a full parade of floats and dancing troupes, much to the pride of the locals. Likewise, the Llanfair Show is a cherished occasion, the one-day show aims to encompass all that is best in the Montgomeryshire countryside.
Llanfair Fish Bar is situated in a prominent, elevated position at the top of the town in a beautiful detached period building and is presented and maintained to a high standard. The business is well signed and there is free on street parking nearby
Llanfair Fish Bar occupies the ground floor of a substantial and detached period property with accommodation over two floors above and briefly comprises;
- Double fronted with glazed double doors.
- Windows to front creating a light and airy interior.
- Tiled floor and walls.
- Suspended ceiling.
- Twin pan stainless steel range and counter running the width of the shop.
- Twin kebab machine.
- Glass fronted drinks chiller.
- 4 pot Bain Marie.
- Panasonic Microwave.
- 4 camera CCTV system.
- Bug zapper.
- Feature illuminated menu boards.
- Generous kitchen comprehensively equipped with stainless steel preparation tables.
- double stainless-steel fridge.
- large chest freezer.
- Non-slip vinyl flooring.
- Further chest freezer.
- Samsung microwave.
- Perimeter shelving.
- Chipper and Rumbler.
- Stainless steel sink and drainer.
- Separate hand was basin.
- Generously proportioned with floor storage space for potato sacks.
- There is substantial living accommodation on the two floors above the shop which is accessed by a separate entrance to the side of the premises and which briefly comprises;
- A lovely sized family kitchen with high ceilings which further enhances the feeling of space.
- Wood effect flooring.
- range of wall and base units with complimentary worktop.
- Inset halogen hob and fan oven beneath.
- ½ bowl sink and drainer.
- Space for washing machine.
- High ceilings, window to side and dado rail.
- Generous Room with twin windows, feature fireplace, picture rail and high ceiling.
- Window to side.
- Tiled floor.
- Tiling to dado height.
- White three-piece bathroom suite.
Long landing with two useful walk-in cupboards.
- Good sized double and dual aspect with windows to side and rear.
- Good sized double with window to side.
- Generous double with window to front and dado rail.
- Leading off Bedroom 3 is an interesting and useful dressing room with built in wardrobes and shelving and offering potential to convert to a good sized en-suite Bathroom.
Llanfair Fish Bar is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity, the existing lease has approximately 8 years remaining.
The rent is £22,360 per annum which is really reasonable given the size and location of the premises.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.