Traditional Service and MOT Garage & Accommodation
- Asking Price: £450,000 +SAV
Ogden Motor Engineers Limited generated an advised turnover of circa £150,775 as of the 2017 accounts, with a gross profit of 30%
The assets in the business are worth in the region of £25,000
3-bedroom detached houses in the area are on the market and selling for between £225,000 - £250,000.
Please quote reference B04569
- Tenure: Freehold
Please quote reference B04569
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market Ogden Motors Engineers Limited, which was established by our client, who is retiring, in 1980 and therefore, a name that is synonymous with the area.
Ogden’s is a traditional service and MOT garage, carrying out Class 4 MOTs.
There are 3 other garages that take their MOTs to Ogden’s, bringing in further turnover at £30 per MOT, MOT’s are charged at £35 to the public.
Ogden’s has many repeat customers and has 4* reviews on Yell.
Although the business is profitable there is plenty of scope for development;
• Introduction of a website
• Creating a social media page
• Introduction of a service recall system
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
The business is run and managed by our client, with the help of 2 full time members of staff.
The business opening hours:
Monday - Friday: 8.30 am – 5.30 pm
Saturday: 8.30 am – 1.00 pm
Ogden Motor Engineers Limited is located in March, Cambridgeshire, just off the main A141 between Wisbech and Huntingdon.
The business is situated on Whittlesey Road and being sold with a 3-bedroom detached house which the main workshop sits behind.
There is a long driveway to the workshop giving parking for 12 or so vehicles.
• Front garden which is laid to lawn
• Entrance door to the hall with doors to lounge, cloakroom and kitchen
• Large well-appointed lounge with field views to the front
• Cloakroom a modern 2-piece suite
• Kitchen – fully refitted in 2014 to include integrated fridge and freezer, with plenty of wall and base units, sink unit, door to garden and door to utility room
• Utility room with door to side
On the first floor:
• Master bedroom with dressing room and modern en-suite shower room
• Double bedroom
• Single bedroom
• Family bathroom
• Patio rear garden with garden shed.
The house has double glazing throughout and is heated by radiators via a gas central heating system.
The garage is positioned to the rear of the house and is accessed by a long driveway with parking for around 12 vehicles.
Roller door and pedestrian door to the main workshop area.
The workshop has a 4 post 3.5 tonne MOT ramp and all MOT equipment.
Other equipment includes:
• 2.5 tonne 2 post ramp
• 2 tonne 1 post ramp
• Air conditioning machine
• 2 compressors
• 2 tyre machines
• 1 balancer
• General tools
There is an area of racking for tyres and an office with the MOT computer.
To the rear of the building is a lean-to area for storage.
We are advised the business is being sold as a Freehold opportunity.