Vegan Cheese Manufacturer For Sale
- Asking Price: £149,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £260,000. Further financials can be made available.
Please quote reference B07084
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07084
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market Tyne Chease Ltd, the UK’s first Artisan Vegan Cheese in Northumberland.
The business was established by our client in 2014. During that time, the business has built up an excellent reputation and loyal customer base.
The business has now come on the open market due to our clients family commitments. Our clients are excited to see this business in the hands of an entrepreneur who shares the same commitment to producing quality plant-based artisanal cheese.
Tyne Chease Ltd manufactures a range of artisan vegan cheese made with cashews. The manufacturing unit in which they current reside in is not open to the public. They have a product range of 30+, of which some are seasonal. They sell B2C via their dedicated website and sell B2B directly and through several distributors including leading wholefoods distributor Suma Wholefoods. They also stock products of other businesses and brands that complement their products for resale through the website. Our clients attend vegan festivals, food festivals, markets and relevant pop up events across the country and there is much more scope to expand this as they have been limited to the north of the region due to family obligations.
Key selling points -
- Global Industry Growth - The plant based / vegan cheese market is on an incredible rise at the moment. It is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 12.6% from 2022 to 2030. Due to their position in the UK artisan vegan cheese market, Tyne Chease is in a prime position to take advantage of this expansion.
- Market Leader - Being the first company to produce artisan vegan cheese in the UK, they have pioneered the current market and remain market leaders with a well known and loved brand throughout the UK. They are also the North East’s only artisan vegan cheese manufacturers.
- Product Expansion - There is huge scope for expansion into different luxury product ranges such as different varieties of cheese and dairy alternatives such as camembert, blue, mozzarella, cultured butter and parmesan (all of which are in the final stages of product development). They’re also in the early stages of NPD on a range of artisan healthy fat free deli meats which could be developed into a major sister brand. They’ve also started exploring other service-based offerings such as wedding catering and grazing tables for businesses/conferences which could provide another avenue of revenue.
- Business Expansion – Though they already sell B2B directly to many retailers - including renowned online platform The Vegan Kind Supermarket; restaurants such as Oblix in the Shard; event suppliers such as British Fine Foods who supplied their products to Wimbledon and Ascot among other major UK events; and distributors such as Suma Wholefoods - there is still a great scope for further expansion. There is currently a high potential for further growth in the UK markets through selling via supermarkets such as Morrisons, Aldi, Waitrose, of which both Morrisons and Aldi have expressed interest in listing their products. There are also opportunities to use the Tyne Chease brand as a platform to create the North East’s first artisan vegan fromagerie. They have also just been granted their premises license to sell alcohol online which opens new potential revenue streams from wine sales. Aside from a great potential for UK expansion, there is also opportunity for international expansion. They have had a growing interest from their American followers across social media and believe this would be a key market to enter in the future. They have also discussed expanding their manufacturing operations to open up access to Asian markets via their primary shipping routes.
- There is tremendous scope to improve the business. Tyne Chease was the first in the UK to manufacture the types of products they sell, and they’ve been the market leaders in artisan vegan cheese since inception. As the industry is growing rapidly there is no shortage of opportunity to develop new products that take advantage of this established brand. They have had some interest recently from major retailers which they didn’t pursue due to family commitments at the time. However, these avenues remain very much viable. There is also considerable scope to expand internationally with setting up new manufacturing units in countries for instance in South America and South East Asia. Indeed, they have been in discussion earlier this year with such a company wishing to partner with them.
- We believe there is a high demand for a local artisan vegan fromagerie/delicatessen in the North East. The concept was to create a physical platform to celebrate the vegan artisans of the North East focusing on well-crafted local produce. Primarily though the logic would be to sell and showcase their own vegan cheese and a range of other vegan charcuterie products.
We are advised that the staffing members change, depending on the season. The business averages between 5-8 staff members.
Due to the nature of the business, the business operates 24/7 through the online selling platform of their website.
Tyne Chease Ltd currently trades from Stocksfield, Northumberland, North East England.
The business currently trades from a rented premises on a small business park in Stocksfield, Northumberland.
The premises comprises of 3 main rooms and 3 toilets (male, female and accessible). Room 1 is currently used as the main Tyne Chease office. Room 2 is a storage room and holds all packaging. Room 3 is the largest room and is our production room which holds all equipment, ingredients, chilled and frozen storage and sink/cleaning facilities.
We are are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 2 years remaining on the 5 year lease, and the rent at £910 per month plus £150 service charge per month.