Very well established Dry Cleaning business for sale.
- Asking Price: £40,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2019 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £54,000, with a net profit in the region £11,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06131
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06131
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Hillside Dry Cleaners, a very established dry-cleaning business. The ‘Turn-key’ business opportunity has been in the careful ownership of our client for over 13 years, who is now selling the business to spend more time with her young family.
The successful business offers a full dry-cleaning service with ironing/laundry (we are advised the business is split 50/50 between the two areas).
Currently the business concentrates on the domestic market, with 90% of the sales being derived from this part and 10% from commercial work. Our client advised that she turns down hotel work requests due to current workload/homelife.
All the equipment included with the sale is owned by the business and includes a new dry-cleaning machine (purchased as a back up to the first).
All of the custom is taken from existing customers and recommendations, there is no website or Facebook page in place which any new owner would benefit from adding.
We are advised, the nearest dry-cleaning business has recently closed due to retirement which will significantly increase the demand for Hillside Dry Cleaners.
Our client admits the business is run to suit and that any new owner would benefit from adding any of the following areas to significantly increase the current sales –
- Pick-up & delivery service
- Extending current trading hours
- Advertising service to local hotels/restaurants/nearby golf club
- Increase the awareness through social media/delivering local leaflet’s
- Increase the number of staff.
- Rug Doctor hire
- 5-star Google review score
- New lease term to be offered.
- Nil business rates payable
- Only business type in the area
- High level of equipment included (including new dry-cleaning machine)
- Close location to the centre of Southport
- New housing developments being built nearby.
We are advised that the business has 2 part time staff members.
The business hours are;
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Wednesday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Thursday – 8:00am - 1:00pm
Friday – 8:00am - 1:00pm
Saturday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Hillside Dry Cleaners occupies a prominent trading position along a parade of local community shops just off Sandon Road in the Hillside area of Southport.
The popular parade of shops includes a hairdressing salon, sandwich and coffee shop, fabric shop, takeaway, and bathroom store.
Sandon Road is conveniently located just off the A565 which acts as the main link road from Formby into the centre of Southport.
The Hillside area offers an excellent choice of residential housing and good local schools, making this a very popular location to live, just on the outskirts of the Town centre.
The nearest mainline station is Hillside, just a few minutes’ walk from the business.
The business benefits from free customer parking directly outside.
Ground floor –
- Customer service area, collection rails & fixed counter
- 3 Phase electricity
- Staff kitchen facilities/toilet
- Rear workroom (enclosed yard area)
- 10kg Perc dry cleaning machine
- Steam cabinet (with independent boiler)
- Spotting table x 2
- New Hydrocarbon dry cleaning machine
- Hudson compressor
- Dryer x 2
- Washing machine x 3
- Rolling press (small & large), 3 phase press
- Large dryer
- 60kg washing machine x 2.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold, with a new lease to be negotiated. The rent is £700 per month and has £0 rates payable.