Well established Aquatic Specialists business for sale
- Asking Price: £19,950
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region £105,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06444
- Tenure: Leasehold
£19,950 plus stock.
Stock can be run down to suit and or to change the use. Our client is happy to negotiate stock and will give a 20% discount on stock for any potential purchaser.
Please quote reference B06444 for further information.
Hilton Smythe are privileged to present to the market Pentangle Aquatics, a much-loved business opportunity with over 30 years successful trading history. The business and shop unit has undergone a total transformation since our client purchased it 4 years ago, he is now selling due to his decision to retire.
The business turnover is split equally between -
- Tropical Fish
- Solid wood counter with Epos till system and card machine.
- Section 1 -fish foods, feeders, accessories and aquariums.
- Section 2 - reptile area which includes 10 small and 2 large tanks.
- Section 3 - spiders and spider tanks.
- Section 4 - tropical area - includes 16 small tanks, 15 medium and 4 large tanks. There is also a large Marine tank at the entrance.
- Section 5 - shing accessories including a large range of rods, reels and equipment/ clothing.
- Section 6 - fresh and frozen baits
- New shop front and window signage
- Complete rewire
- Re-organisation of layout and displays
- Updated stock range, reducing non potable and non-core lines
- New computerised POS system
- New HD CCTV camera system
- New show Fish Tank and new marine, coral and anemone
- New tank support stands
- Upgraded website and integrated Facebook page
- More community involvement - e.g. Knaphill fete
- Featured on Google Maps
- Reduction in Business Rates
- Offering pond maintenance services
- Offering tank maintenance services
- Offering reptile parties
- Offering an online E-commerce ordering facility
This would make an ideal couple / joint venture. We highly recommend early viewing to avoid disappointment.
We are advised that the business has 1 full-time and 2 part-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – 9:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesday – 9:00am – 6:00pm
Wednesday – 9:00am – 6:00pm
Thursday – 9:00am – 6:00pm
Friday – 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday – 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday – 10:00am – 5:00pm
Pentangle Aquatics occupies a prominent trading position on the High Street in Knaphill, near Woking in Surrey.
The Town Centre location ensures constant footfall from both local shoppers and those both visiting the area or working in many of the surrounding businesses and offices.
This is also a destination business due to the extensive Aquatics range it offers with customers travelling from 10-20 miles.
The business is located next door to a busy barber, faces a newly refurbished family food led public house and thriving coffee shop, independent cycle shop, hair salon, 2 mins up from the local Co-op store and popular Total petrol garage.
A larger Sainsbury’s store is approx. 5 mins drive from the business. Knaphill is a beautiful and highly desirable village in Surrey, located to the east of Woking and to the west of Aldershot.
There is an excellent choice of traditional housing, exciting new housing developments, leisure facilities and golf clubs as several good schools.
The area is accessed just off the A322 and busy M3 motorway.
There is a free customer parking directly behind the store as well as a public car park by the Co-op store. There are 2 car parks within walking distance as well as some free street parking within 2 mins walk.
The nearby bus routes are the 34,35 & 92 to working and Camberley.
Nearest mainline train line is Brookwood.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 7 years remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is £15,000 per annum and has £6,600 rates payable per annum.