Well Established Baker And Sandwich Shop For Sale
- Asking Price: £39,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £125,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £12,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B07041
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07041
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Beagleys Bakery, which is a well-established Bakery/ Sandwich shop with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a popular local business in an upmarket and prosperous area which is well supported by the local community.
Beagleys Bakery was founded approximately three years ago when the owner identified a need in the area for good quality baked goods and take away food. The business has been a real labour of love and has flourished during her ownership accruing many regular customers along with a great reputation.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to personal reasons. The vendor is keen to see her beloved Bakery/Sandwich shop pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Beagleys Bakery prides itself on the quality of its food, much of which is freshly prepared on the premises using local ingredients wherever possible. The menu includes traditional staples such as:
- Hot and Cold Drinks
- Breads and rolls
- Filled Baguettes
- Sausage Rolls
- Soup & Crusty Cobs
- Celebration Cakes
- “Lovely little bakers, excellent service and food yummy,”
- “Great little bakery, lovely selection at reasonable prices”
- “Lovely massive crusty rolls just like the ones you used to get in supermarkets, at least twice the size.”
Scope to Improve -
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Update the existing website perhaps adding an online ordering facility
- Extend the opening hours
- Introduce a Sandwich round delivering to local businesses at lunchtimes
- Explore delivery offerings from the likes of Just Eat, Uber Eats and Deliveroo etc
- Develop the outside catering side of the business ie business buffets etc
- Introduce a customer loyalty card/ scheme
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
- Prime trading position with loads of footfall
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, the current owner has been running at a pace to suit
- Perfect for someone looking at their first foray into self-employment
This lovely little business is likely to attract considerable interest. All fixtures, fittings and equipment are included in the sale, making this a real turnkey business opportunity for a new owner.
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed, with the help of 2 part-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Wednesday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Thursday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Friday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Saturday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday - Closed
The business is located in Farnham.
Farnham is a market town in Surrey. The town is 36 miles south-west of London in the west of Surrey, adjacent to the border with Hampshire. By road, Guildford is 11 miles to the east and Winchester a further 28 miles along the same axis as London.
The A31 Farnham bypass links the town to Winchester, Alton and Guildford, the A325 links the town to Farnborough and to the A3 (London-Portsmouth) at Greatham. The A287 links Farnham to the M3 at Hook and the A3 at Hindhead.
The business is ideally positioned next to a busy Post Office and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade along with regular custom. The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage. There is free off road parking immediately outside the premises.
The business occupies a single storey, end terraced building that is immaculately presented and fastidiously maintained and ideally suited to the trade and briefly comprises;
Shop - With window and half glazed door to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior. Wood effect vinyl flooring, LED Lighting, bespoke counter with EPOS till and generous wrapping area, glass cake and gateau display, glass pie warming cabinet, Coffee machine, range of base units with stainless steel work top, tiled splashbacks, further glass pie warming cabinet, one microwave ovens and one convection oven. Floating shelves for the display of breads.
WC - With close coupled toilet and hand wash basin.
Dry goods Room - With perimeter shelving and floor storage space.
Externally - To the rear of the premises is a fully secure garden / yard mainly laid to concreted with space for tables and chairs and including a timber Summer house. To the front is an outside seating area with tables and chairs and perfect for Al Fresco dining or sitting and watching the world go by with a coffee and a cake.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 7 years remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is £464 per month.