Well established beauty salon for sale in Colchester
- Asking Price: £185,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £220,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07385
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market Aspects of Beauty (Colchester) Limited, a highly rated beauty salon in Colchester.
Aspects of Beauty (Colchester) Limited was first established in 1998, with our client taking ownership in 2011. The business has built up an excellent reputation and loyal client base during their time of ownership. As seen by online ratings and reviews, the business is extremely popular within the local area.
The business has now come to the open market due to our clients desire to retire.
The business, which is the longest established beauty business in Colchester takes great pride on providing a range of treatments for both women and men including;
- Body Massage
- Hot stone massage
- Warm bamboo massage
- Pregnancy massage
- Body ESPA Holistic Treatments
- CACI microcurrent
- Eyes and Brows
- Gel nails
- Lash extensions
- Nail extensions
- Environ Facials
- LED Light Therapy
- Chemical peels
- Waxing and Electrolysis
- Laser Hair Removal
- Medical Micro Needling
- Plasma Cosmetic Corrector
Aspects of Beauty enjoys good visibility online and benefits from impressive reviews such as;
- “Fantastic service, peaceful and relaxing environment “
- “Brilliant massage and lovely set of gel nails plus a little gift for my birthday. Thank you very much. Very calming environment. Will be back again soon”
- “Amazing customer service, the staff are very polite and welcoming. Highly recommended"
Key selling points -
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Prime trading position in the centre of Colchester with loads of footfall
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, current owner has been running at a pace to suit
- Potential living accommodation for a new owner if required (and subject to normal planning permissions)
- Advertising and Marketing campaign
- Invest in SEO and PPC to drive customers to the company website
- Extend the opening hours/days currently trading for 5 days at moment
- Increase the range of products sold online ( massive potential) – Owner recently paid to have e commerce shop on website sales so far are from non clients but searching product
- Reintroduce Hair services
- Reinstate coffee shop which proved very successful previously – reinstate afternoon teas
- Consider converting top floor to a hair studio or sublet to a complimentary business
- Introduction of treatments not offered
We are advised that the business is run and managed by our client, with the help of 4 full-time members of staff, who are all trained on all treatments.
The current trading hours are -
Monday – Closed
Tuesday to Thursday – 9:00am – 7:30pm
Friday to Saturday – 9:00am – 6:00pm
Sunday – Closed
Aspects of Beauty (Colchester) Limited is located on Osborne Street in Colchester.
The business is well signed and receives high levels of footfall and passing trade.
There are 4 inexpensive public car parks within easy walking distance of the business.
Ground floor -
- Generous reception area, 2 treatment rooms, WC, 2 manicure bespoke quartz stations and a pedicure station.
- Treatment room 1 with patio doors to garden.
- Treatment room 2 – unisex disabled toilet with patio doors leading to courtyard garden.
- Large cellar - used as storage for stock.
- 3 Treatment rooms (1 double)
- Kitchen facilities
- Male and female toilets
- Formerly a studio flat and offering potential conversion back if required.
- Currently offers a double treatment room, kitchen, WC and shower.
- The business is beautifully presented and fastidiously maintained with a pleasing upmarket feel.
- There is a courtyard adjoining the Roman walls of Colchester
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, currently on a 10 year lease. The rent is £18,000 per annum, with rates payable at £2,300 per annum.