Well established Cafe with Alcohol Licence for sale
- Asking Price: £85,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £155,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £38,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06432
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06432
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market No.5 (Cafe, Bistro & Bar), Romsey’s leading community chic cafe/wine bar business which comes with outstanding customer reviews, outstanding interior and unrivalled fresh food menu.
The ‘Turnkey Business’ opportunity was purchased through us in February 2018 and since its transformation into its current format, it is now being made available for sale due to our client’s recent relocation to a different area. The sale of the business also includes the website.
All cakes, sandwiches, snacks and lite bites are made fresh on site and the quirkiness and uniqueness of the menu attracts a very local customer base of local businesspeople, trendy couples, friends and retired customers looking for something different.
The sale of the business includes -
Serving area -
- La SpazIale Coffee Machine
- Large coffee Grinder.
- Water softener for coffee machine.
- Tables & Chairs
- Hot water Urn.
- Sandwich grill.
- Cups, saucers, crockery, cutlery, teapots, milk jugs.
- Double sink unit. Dustbin.
- Counter domes and raised stands.
- Wall shelves. Customer Toilet / Vanity Area
- Stainless Steel Sink Unit.
- Stainless Steel Work Counter.
- Domestic Oven/Cooker.
- Selection of Fridges & Freezers
- Washing Machine.
- Painted Butchers trolley.
- Selection of saucepans, baking trays, Tupperware, bowls, pans.
- Google - 4.7/5 review score
- 5/5 Facebook customer review score.
- 4.5-star rating from TripAdvisor customers, 83 of 98 reviews 5 star rated
- 1,199 Instagram followers.
- Locally sourced good coffee and teas including chai, luxury hot chocolates (including a yummy white chocolate option), iced drinks and milkshakes
- Scrumptious homemade cakes - from a traditional Victoria sponge, a snickers brownie, Guinness ginger cake or lemon drizzle, individual cake slices.
- Sweet & Savoury pasties, fruit loaves, Portuguese tarts macaroons, sausage rolls.
- Freshly made sandwiches - choice of breads and fillings including vegan, dairy free and gluten free options, homemade quiches.
- Evening menu - bespoke food platters of locally sourced cheeses, charcuterie and antipasti. Takeaway - coffee related goodies, chocolate bars, caramel buttons, jars of peanut butter, cups and gift ideas as well as all the menu enjoyed inside.
- Alcohol - great beers, sprits, cocktails, fine wines
This is the only chic cafe and bistro of its type in Romsey, the unique selling points include -
- Open plan service and dining area with low comfortable seating, single seat tables and highchairs.
- Full homemade savoury and dessert menu.
- Full alcohol licence.
- Excellent choice of vegan, dairy free and gluten free menu options.
- Increasing turnover with capacity to increase.
- Opportunity to open evenings and Sunday
- Option to open earlier and offer an increased breakfast menu.
- Option to sell complete cakes and make celebration cakes from order.
- Ideal ‘pop up’ restaurant space.
- 5-star hygiene rating (3rd year in row)
- Dog friendly.
- Only business of this type in the area.
- New boiler, equipment and furniture throughout.
- Trendy and stylish interior. Large lower ground kitchen area.
- Opportunity to develop a full evening bistro menu.
- Ideal private party space.
- Ideal kitchen space for outside catering preparation.
- Much loved customer base.
- Option to extend current opening hours.
- Happy trained team in place.
- New longer lease available
- Zero business rates paid
We are advised that the business has 2 full-time and 2 part-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – 9:30am – 4:00pm
Tuesday – 9:30am – 4:00pm
Wednesday – 9:30am – 4:00pm
Thursday – 9:30am – 4:00pm
Friday – 9:30am – 4:00pm
Saturday – 9:30am – 4:00pm
Sunday - Closed
No.5 Bell Street occupies an enviable trading position just off the Corn Market in the centre of beautiful Romsey.
Romsey is a historic market town in the county of Hampshire, home to the 17th century philosopher and economist William Petty and the 19th century British prime minister Lord Palmerston.
The town lies on the river Test, which is known for shing, Romsey Abbey dominates the town centre and is the largest parish church in Hampshire
Romsey is accessed just off the A27 which acts as the main link Road to the M27 motorway which connects Southampton to Portsmouth and further east to Brighton.
Nearest mainline station is Romsey which connects tourists and commuters to the centre of Southampton in just over 1 hour.
There is a large pay and display within 2 minutes’ walk from the business.
Ground floor -
- Beautifully presented customer sitting area, led with original pieces of furniture and design quirkiness not seen in any other cafe/bistro business in the area.
- A lot of thought in the decor, quality design is clear to see, including a large menu board fixed to the right hand side wall.
- Selection of low and high seating, comfortable chairs & tables.
- Open plan service area
- Customer toilet
- Large kitchen & preparation space
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 2 year remaining on the 6 year lease. The rent is £1,250 per month. The Landlord would be happy to negotiate a new lease.