Well Established Catering Company For Sale
- Asking Price: £20,000 +SAV
Financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06426
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06426
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Tangerine Catering.
Tangerine Catering was founded by the current owner when he identified a need in the area and the business has been a real labour of love for him. The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to the vendors wish to take a well-earned retirement he is keen to see his beloved catering company pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take it to the next level.
Tangerine Catering is a Catering company that prides itself on delivering delicious, freshly made food direct to their customers. The company has a number of well-established and lucrative sandwich rounds delivering to many Blue-Chip companies such as the NHS, Thames Water, local Councils, Schools and Colleges and the sale will include a substantial database of previous and current customers.
The business delivers an impressive range of products including:
- Salad stackers
- Pasta Bowls
- Business Buffets
The sale will include the company website (tangerinecatering.com) and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet. The business is proud of its 5-star Hygiene rating.
Scope to improve
- Advertising and marketing campaign, maybe a soft relaunch of the company
- Update the existing website perhaps adding an online ordering facility
- Maximise the use of social media
- Extend the opening hours
- Canvass all local businesses, offices, Pubs, Care Homes, Nurseries etc with a view to becoming their preferred supplier
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, the vendor has been running at a pace to suit
- Ideal bolt on to an existing catering company looking to expand
This business is being marketed at a price to facilitate a quick sale and values much higher. It represents a great purchase for a lucky new owner with the vision to take it forward.
The business is owner run and managed with the help of 3 part time sales/drivers and 2 part time kitchen staff.
The business trading hours are as followed:
Monday to Friday - 08:30am - 13:00pm
Saturday & Sunday - Closed
Tangerine Catering is located in Ilford.
Ilford is a large town in East London, it had a population of 168,168 in 2011.
Ilford town centre is served by Ilford railway station on the Great Eastern Main Line in Travelcard Zone 4. The Central line of London Underground serves the neighbourhood via Redbridge, Gants Hill, Newbury Park, Barkingside and Fairlop tube stations.
Ilford is the hub of the London Buses network with services to central London and various suburbs. The first stage of the East London Transit begins at Ilford.
The business is situated in a purpose-built industrial unit on the Redbridge Enterprise Centre on the edge of Ilford town centre. The premises are well presented and maintained with clear visible signage and free parking immediately outside.
The business is carried out from a comprehensively equipped catering kitchen that is ideally suited to the trade and includes:
- 12 stainless steel preparation tables in various sizes
- Walk-in chiller
- 2 large freezers
- Small freezer
- 6 burner commercial stove with oven beneath
- Double gas and electric oven
- Double stainless-steel sink
- Hand wash basin
- Stainless steel shelving
- Brand new L’age Fridge (never used)
- Full extraction system
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with the current Lease due to expire later in the year. The rent is £18,750 per year.