Well established Coffee Shop business for sale
- Asking Price: £49,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2019 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £108,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06160
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06160
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market one of Taunton’s most well established and highly regarded independent coffee shops.
The ‘Turn-key’ business opportunity was established by our client in 1994 who is now reluctantly looking to sell due to ill health.
The 5 star rated business comes with unrivalled goodwill, after over 25 years under the same ownership it attracts a very loyal local customer base which will be handed over to any new owner.
The sale of the business includes -
- Group 4 coffee machine
- Coffee bean Grinder
- Hot water boiler
- commercial dishwasher
- 2 Milkshake machines
- Smoothie blender…Commercial grade
- Gelato easy serve ice-cream dispenser and freezer
- counter top chiller for food prep storage
- 2 panini grills
- Double induction hob
- single counter top deep fat fryer
- 2 microwaves
- Hot cupboard
- Counter top chilled display unit
- Double floor standing drinks/food display chiller
- Sharp cash register
- Thermal printer
- Standard Crockery, cutlery, Glasses, etc for everyday use
- 7 Fridges
- 7 Freezers
- 2 ovens,1 being Blue seal commercial convection oven
- Counter 4 hob electric
- Pots, Pans, dishes, cooking Utensils
- Large assortment of vintage china and cutlery
- Inside and outside Tables and chairs (21 Tables + 70 chairs)
- Parasol’s and bases
- Hanging baskets (artificial) and stand for outside
- Counter display stands and baskets
- Portable Outside Heater
The A3 licenced business, currently offers the following menu –
- Full choice of small to large ‘made to order traditional breakfasts
- Toasted sandwiches & paninis
- Welsch rabbit – doorstep
- Freshly filled sandwiches or baps
- Jacket potatoes
- Main meals – such as ham, egg & chips, traditional Cornish pasty
- Afternoon tea
- Milkshakes, canned & bottled drinks
- Crisps, biscuits, flapjacks & shortbread
- Cakes & ice cream
- Bean to cup coffees, teas & hot chocolate
Key Selling Points –
- 5 star Hygiene rating
- Large outside terrace
- Distinct ‘vintage’ fell to customer dining area
- First floor sitting area – ideal for meetings or private catch ups
- Equipped to a very high level
- Solid wood tables & chairs
- Business website
- Active Facebook page – with 1,191 followers
- Opportunity to extend current opening hours
- Handover period offered
- Opportunity to add on-line deliveries
- Outside catering potential
- Evening bistro potential
Very rarely do well established businesses of this type and location come onto the open market and we therefore highly recommend early enquiry to avoid disappointment.
We are advised that the business has 1 full-time and 2 part-time staff members.
The business hours are -
Monday – 9:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday – 9:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday – 9:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday – 9:00am - 4:00pm
Friday – 9:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday - Closed
Sunday - Closed
Bumbles Coffee Lounge occupies a prominent trading position on a pedestrian only lane within the Wyvern Centre, located just off Magdalene lane in the centre of Taunton.
The business sits centrally to the hustle and bustle of the town's main shopping high street which includes well-known brands such as Marks & Spencer, Waterstones, Sports Direct, TK Maxx, Wilko & Superdrug, the main banks/building societies, the Orchard shopping centre and central library to one side. To the other side of the business is St. Mary's Magdalene Church, Taunton Heritage Trust, further selection of bars & restaurants.
Taunton is a highly desirable town located in Somerset and dates back to the 10th century. It is well positioned just off the M5 motorway.
There are two nearby pay and display car parks - Cannon Street & Orchard Multi Storey.
Nearest mainline station is Taunton, which is 10 mins walk from the business.
Large outside terrace – 28-32 covers
Ground floor – vintage styled dining area offering 36 covers with a large fully equipped servery to one side, access to upstairs area
First floor – further 16 covers, customer toilet facilities (including baby changing), fully equipped kitchen and storeroom
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 5 years remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is £1,500 per month and has £0 rates payable.