Well Established Convenience Store For Sale
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
- Asking Price: £59,995 +SAV
We are advised that the business genereated a turnover of circa £330,000 as of 2021, furthr financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06203
- Tenure: Leasehold
Looking for a Quick Sale!
Please quote reference B06203
Hilton Smythe is privileged to present to the market a delightful, community focused village store.
Squirrel stores were first established in the village over 100 years ago and later purchased by our client 3 years ago who is now reluctantly now selling due to ill health.
The uniquely named grocery/convenience store business has been significantly improved by our client who has concentrated on offering more organic fruit and vegetables, local meats and breads, local award-winning dairy products as well as excellent range essential grocery items and convenience store staples.
The business currently offers the following range of products:
- Locally sourced meats, pies & quiches supplied from a renowned local butcher which includes a new range of high-quality ready meals
- Dairy products which include milk, cream & milkshakes from a local farm who have grass fed cows, an award-winning farm supplying natural live yogurts as well as an excellent selection of cheeses
- Bakery products supplied by an award-winning regional bakery which include artisan breads & pastries, sweet & savoury pastries
- Fresh fruit & vegetables - delivered three times a week, customers can also order bespoke box combinations
- General convenience - including daily newspapers/magazines, cigarettes, confectionery, greeting cards, toiletries, pet food, wide variety of wines, spirits, ciders & beer (including some local beers), frozen food, ice cream
- Hermes collections
We are advised the business attracts a very loyal customer base which further increased through the Covid lockdown period when the business decided to offer a ‘click & collect’ service.
The organisation of the store now allows customers to take a slower walk around the business which is allowing them to see the full range of products on offer.
Our client advises that any new owner may look to add a delivery service to surrounding villages who don't have shops and lottery to further increase business footfall.
Key selling points include:
- 5-star Google customer reviews
- Excellent business website
- Active Facebook page with 939 followers - the page includes an active forum to both advertise new lines as well post community news/announcements
- Fully stocked ‘turn key’ opportunity
- Ideal lifestyle changing business model
- Loyal customer base
- Low rental terms, zero business rates
- Handover period offered
- Ice cream fridge
- New display chest freezer
- Open fronted fruit and vegetable fridge
- Double fridge with doors
- Upright dairy fridge with doors
- Upright freezer with door
- Large open fronted fridge
- All shelving, fixtures and fittings
- Large table
- Large wooden display table with drawers
- 12 wooden display crates
- Counter and shelving
- CCTV cameras
- Coke drinks fridge
The business is ran and managed by 3 part time staff members.
The business hours are as followed:
Monday to Friday - 07:00am - 19:00pm
Saturday - 07:00am - 17:00pm
Sunday - 08:00am - 13:00pm
Squirrel stores occupy an idyllic trading position facing the village green in Long Clawson, Melton Mowbray.
The ground floor unit sits within a parade of traditional buildings which also include a hair salon and cafe/deli business.
Nearest shop to the business is over 3 miles away.
Long Clawson is a very sought-after place to live, located in the parish of Clawson, Hose and Harby, in the Melton district in Leicestershire. It is located 17 miles south west of Nottingham and 16 miles east of Grantham.
The village offers an excellent choice of services for its small size which include a post office, village hall, florist, medical practice, primary school, public house and several churches.
The business benefits from free customer parking directly outside.
The number 23 bus connects local residents to nearby Melton Mowbray which is just 6 miles away.
Total size - 52.7m2
Ground floor - gated entrance area (used as additional display area), leads into the main retail shop area with solid stone tiling, new display fridges, traditional wooden shelving boxes/units.
Rear area - includes small staff kitchen area and toilet facilities
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with 3 years remaining on the Lease, the rent is £575 per month.