Well Established Delicatessen & Cafe For Sale
- Asking Price: £84,995 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £195,000 as of 2020. Further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06238
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06238
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Lemon Tree Deli Cafe which is a well-established Coffee Shop / Cafe / Delicatessen with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a popular, profitable and well used local business in an area teeming with customers.
There has been a café business at this site for some years. The current owners have been running it as Lemon Tree Deli Café since 2016 and the business has been a real labour of love for them accruing an impressive number of regular customers and a burgeoning reputation.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to the owners wishes to enjoy a well-earned retirement travelling around Europe in their motor home. The vendors are keen to see their beloved coffee shop / café / Delicatessen pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level
Lemon Tree Deli Café enjoys a great reputation and has an impressive number of regular customers many of whom are known on a first name basis by the owners who are popular and well-respected members of the local community.
The business serves traditional fare that is freshly prepared on the premises using local ingredients wherever possible.
The business sells an impressive range of award-winning produce along with:
- Hot and cold drinks (best coffee in town reputedly!)
- Deli style sandwiches
- Homemade cakes and pastries
- Local and international cheeses
- Scotch eggs
- Focaccia breads
- Fabulous desserts
- Light Meals
- Sides and snacks
- Soft drinks, beers and ciders
- A range of wines
- Homemade chutneys
- Vegetarian Options
The sale will include the company Facebook page and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet via websites such as www.tripadvisor.co.uk, www.yell.com, www.yelp.co.uk, etc.
The coffee machine that is leased will need to be taken on as apart of the purchase.
The business benefits from some wonderful reviews online.
Scope to Improve
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media particularly Twitter and Instagram
- Website, ideally with an online ordering facility
- Extend the opening hours perhaps opening as a bistro in the evenings
- Introduce a customer loyalty card/ scheme
- Explore online delivery options from the likes of Just Eat and Hungry House
- Expand the outside catering side of the business
- Introduce a sandwich round delivering to local businesses at lunchtime.
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Prime trading position in the centre of Ely with loads of footfall
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Current owners happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
This lovely business is likely to attract considerable interest.
The business is ran and manged by our client with the help of 3 full time and 2 part time members.
The trading hours are as followed:
Wednesday - 09:00am - 16:00pm
Thursday - 09:00am - 16:00pm
Friday - 09:00am - 16:00pm
Saturday - 09:00am - 16:00pm
Sunday - 10:00am - 16:00pm
Lemon Tree Deli Café is located in Ely.
Ely is a cathedral city in Cambridgeshire about 14 miles north-northeast of Cambridge and about 80 miles by road from London.
Ely railway station on the Fen Line is a major railway hub. As of December 2016, train operating companies using Ely were Great Northern, Greater Anglia, Cross Country and East Midlands Railway with direct trains to Cambridge, London, most of East Anglia, the Midlands and the North.
Ely is on the north south A10 road from London to Kings Lynn, the south western bypass of the town was built in 1986.
Lemon Tree Deli Café is ideally situated in the popular Market Place in Ely. There are markets on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays with mini markets every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. A Farmers Market takes place on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month.
The business is beautifully presented and maintained with a pleasing upmarket feel and sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade along with regular custom. The business is well signed with distinctive livery. There is a public car park within easy walking distance of the business and at the time of writing offered two hours of parking for free.
Lemon Tree Deli Café occupies generous premises ideally suited to the trade and all in immaculate order and includes:
* Gazebo Consisting of New Roof, 2 New 1/2 walls with fittings, 2 New clear full walls, 1 Full wall with window
* 8 Weights
* 8 Square Tables
* 4 Round Tables
* 24 Chairs
* Flags and weighted poles for barriers outside the Deli
* Double Upright Display Fridge (New October 2020)
* All Retail Wooden Shelving units
* 2 Portable Hand wash sinks
* 2 Counter top Display Fridges (New March 2019)
* 1 Panini Grill
* 1 Glass Cake Display unit with doors
* 1 Till (New August 2020)
* 1 Cup Warmer
* 1 Under Counter double door display drinks fridge (New March 2019)
* 2 Under Counter Fridges
* 1 Under Counter Freezer
* 2 Double Spindle Milkshake Machines with mixing cups
* 1 table top gastronome fridge (March 2021)
* 1 Combi Microwave Oven
* 4 Stainless Steel food prep tables 3 with shelves underneath
* 1 Tall upright Freezer
* 1 Vacuum Packer (New October 2020)
* 1 Cheese Cutter
* 1 Set of Weighing Scales
* 1 Toaster
* 1 Stainless steel Trolley
* 1 Heavy Duty A board for pavement with 4 reversible boards
* 4 Large Black Boards
* All Crockery/Cutlery/Glassware (includes, dinner plates, side plates, cups, saucers)
* 4 Blue Roll Holders
* 1 Double Washing up Sink
* 2 Pedal Bins
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with approximatley 3 years remaining on the Lease. The rent is £1400 per month, which is very reasonable give the size and location. A new 10 year lease has already been written up and agreed.