Well-established dog grooming and pet shop business
Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire
Please quote reference B05927
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market ‘Sweeney Dog’, one of North Yorkshires most renowned Dog Grooming Business and Pet Store businesses.
The business was established in 2012 by our clients who are now selling to their decision to relocate to France.
The business is family run to suit and any new owner will be able to fully utilise the available space to significantly increase the current Turnover levels.
From the photos attached, it is clear to see the strong brand awareness and visual display experience our clients have injected into the business, making this a Pet & Grooming business opportunity like no other!
Our clients have focused on offering a holistic and hypoallergenic approach to everything they selling, offering the best food, accessories & treats.
We are advised the business is split 70% Grooming and 30% Pet store sales.
Grooming – key selling points-
- Added to the business in 2015
- Instant success with more demand than the current team can handle
- 2,500 registered clients spending on average £140 per visit
- Excellent on-line booking system with text messaging reminders to ensure cancellations/no shows are kept to a minimum.
- Offered a pick up service though COVID which proved very popular, especially with those clients who struggle to travel
- Very loyal customer base
- 4.9/5 GOOGLE customer review score
- 5/5 FACEBOOK customer review score
- 3,996 FACEBOOK followers
- Potential to more than double sales levels as only half of the available space is been used within the unit, only 3 of the available 6 grooming tables are being used.
- Small animals – choice of Hamsters & Guinea Pigs procured from local breeders
- Aquatics – total of 29 display Aquariums showcasing the range of tropical, pond & cold water fish available, including accessories/food. This area also includes the Cylinder tank which attracts even more footfall who enjoy to spend time on the seating area to take a more relaxed look.
- Cats – wide range of wet & dry foods, beds, toys, treatments & accessories
- Dogs – main food ranges include Vitalin, Burns, Nature’s Diet & Forthglade. There is also a popular Pick ‘n’ Mix munchies/treats section, beds, toys, accessories.
- Reptiles, foods & treats
Our clients are also willing to offer an agreed ‘Business Handover’ to ensure the smooth transition of all areas of the business.
Very rarely will ‘Turn-key’ opportunities of this standard with so much area for further scope onto the open market and we therefore recommend early enquiry to avoid disappointment.
As of the 2020 accounts the combined Turnover achieved £109,721, an increase of 62% on the previous year. The operating profit comfortably achieves a minimum of £31,000 per year.
Please quote reference B05927
The business is run by our clients with the help of 2 x further full time groomers and 1 x part time member of the team.
MONDAY – 9am to 5pm
TUESDAY - 9am to 5pm
WEDNESDAY – 9am to 2pm
THURSDAY – 9am to 5pm
FRIDAY - 9am to 5pm
SATURDAY - 9am to 4pm
SUNDAY – closed
Sweeney Dog occupies an enviable trading position along Kings Road in North Ormesby, Middlesbrough.
The business sits along a busy parade of shops with businesses positioned on both side of the streets which include many thriving independent retailers, cafes, hair & beauty, leisure amusements, interior stores as well key High street brands such as Boots and Greggs.
North Ormesby is popular area of Middlesbrough, located near to Middlesbrough F.C’s Riverside stadium. It is undergoing massive redevelopment with several new housing projects and sites being developed.
The area is accessed just off the A172 and main cross country link road A66.
Nearest mainline station is Middlesbrough.
There is plenty customer parking directly outside the business as well in the adjacent streets.
A fully modernised shop front with wood cladded wall feature, central door with secure roller shutter, 2 raised window display areas.
Ground floor – high end shop fitments with bespoke industrial lighting, fixed wood service counter, wooden and glass display units, 29 x aquariums, 1 x cylinder aquarium, open rustic boxes for loose animal food stuffs, large pick ‘n’ mix cabinet, wooden wall display shelving.
First floor – 3 x recently refurbished grooming rooms, each with the 2 x grooming stations, storage pen areas and all the required equipment to groom a dog by hand.
We are advised the business is being sold as a Leasehold with 1 year remaining on a 10 year renewable lease term. The landlord will be happy to offer a new lease to any new buyer. The current annual rent is £10,680 per year.
The business benefits from full small business relief on the rates paying 0 rated in the current year.