Well established events and catering business for sale
City of London
- Asking Price: £174,995 +SAV
Further financial information can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B05959
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B05959
Hilton Smythe are privileged to present to the market one of Englands most renowned and highly respected events and catering companies.
The exciting business opportunity was first established in 1998 by our client who is now looking to sell to concentrate on other business interests closer to home.
The business offers customised event services with fully inclusive catering packages. There is a clear focus on working with their venues to develop event opportunities from shared marketing activity.
The business has delivered over 1000 successful events at historic venues with party sizes ranging from 25 for small dinner evenings to 1,000 guests for larger parties which included a full bar, evening meal and live entertainment. We are advised the average size of the parties cater for groups of 50-150.
What makes this business unique is:
- Accredited status at 6 Major Unique London venues. Event revenue at these venues exceed 1.5 million and all events can only be catered for by Accredited suppliers.
- Ability to deliver events at a wide range of other historic venues and tourist attractions. The opportunity to bring clients to these venues is only offered to caterers with significant experience and track record at similar locations.
Food and Drink – a friendly and experienced team is in place to advise on the type of menus that will offer a wide range of options which showcase exciting British suppliers. Menu choices include -
- Mini Bowls
- Food Stations
- Formal Dinners
- Catering Packages
- Wines & Cocktails
The key to the success of any event is in the planning, a fully detailed consultation is essential. The approach is a single contact from the initial meeting to the delivery to the event. This ensures client confidence and ensures that all elements of the event are fully understood to deliver a smooth running and successful event.
Company Clients - Clients are primarily made up of FTSE 100 companies and Charities. A significant 40% of income is derived from repeat clients.
Marketing and Social media strategy - For 2020, the business had planned a strategy with the objective of winning more weddings and private party business. A new wedding brochure had been created with this objective. In addition, the business planned to add team building events and outdoor activities to mirror the growth trend for Corporate summer events. They have also continued to invest heavily in online marketing activity. Campaigns included google ad campaigns and LinkedIn advertising that promoted key event packages at venues. Specific detailed examples of our various campaigns can be provided on request.
Further Growth Potential & Cost Savings
- Currently run as a lifestyle business with only 9 months of the 12 available in operation. Our client now also pays more than the industry average for a higher standard of event staff, this also includes hiring an event Manager for each event rather than working the event herself. From 2018, event management has been outsourced to professional freelancers which has significantly increased labour costs.
- Primarily Corporate – adding new clients outside of the city for private party celebrations, weddings, retirements etc. would instantly boost client numbers.
- New venues – adding more accredited venues to the portfolio will significantly increase pipeline of referred business.
- In-house catering – if any new potential buyer already has in place a catering kitchen facility/chef’s, this will also significantly decrease current running costs.
- Hybrid events (combining real and virtual environments) – will increase in popularity post covid with many company’s offering employees the ability to work from home. The business has already established a new brand ‘Go Experiential’ which is proving very popular.
The business model is significantly different to most event caterers, with a core team of only 3. This approach gives huge diversity, high skill levels, flexible pricing and a creative approach that matches up with client’s objectives. The team includes –
- Head Chef
- Finance Director
An external consultant provides event and food handling skills training to all staff plus keeps the business compliant with health and safety updates for the entire team.
Other self-employed freelancers include sous chefs who have worked with the company for more than 10 years, various Asian chefs and design/social media specialists.
9 months of the 12 month calendar.
The business is a highly regarded and independent catering company delivering catering and events in London.
The company have specialised in catering and event management at some of the most prestigious and unique London venues. These inlude Tower Bridge, the Cutty Sark and the London Transport Museum.
A full list is available upon further request.
Client meetings are held at Wax Chandlers Hall in a private meeting Room.
There is no formal lease on the office,however if required this agreement could be transferred to any new buyer.
We are also informed our client rents a small storage unit closer to her home for the stock of table settings and decoration.
Our client advises their tables settings of up to 100 included as well as a company van.