Well established Fish and Chip shop for sale
Uckfield, East Sussex
- Asking Price: £54,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2021 accounts, the business generated an annual turnover in the region of £85,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06109
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06109
Hilton Smythe is delighted to offer to the market the Happy Cod fish and chip shop, purchased by our client in 2012 and only now offered to the market due to our client’s desire to retire. This well-established business first opened its doors in the early 1970’s.
The well-loved business is the only traditional fish and shop in this area and surprisingly includes a large family accommodation. This would suit a family or someone looking to make an additional income from lettings.
The menu includes freshly cooked fish and on site freshly cut chips, sausages, pies, burgers, chicken, vegetable & chicken burgers, jacket potatoes, children’s meals as well as kebabs and cold drinks.
Currently, the trade comes from walk in customers, Just Eat and telephone orders.
Our client has spent over £30,000 in improvements including a refurb of both the shop and the flat above.
We are advised that the business has 1 full time and 2 part time staff members.
The business is trading-
Monday – 11:00am – 2:00pm & 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Tuesday – 11:00am – 2:00pm & 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Wednesday – 11:00am – 2:00pm & 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Thursday – 11:00am–2:00pm & 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday – 11:00am–2:00pm & 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday – 11:00am–2:00pm & 4:00pm – 9:00pm
Sunday – 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Happy Cod is located on Framfield Road, Uckfield, East Sussex, 18 miles east of Brighton and 20 miles west of Eastbourne.
Uckfield is an increasingly popular residential area just off the A22 which links Eastbourne to London. Enjoying a semi-rural location just on the River Uck.
There are several good stores, road connections, public transport, and schools in the town; as well as free parking in the streets within close proximity of the business and directly outside.
The local nearby bus stop has 28, 29 & 29b from Brighton via Uckfield to Tunbridge Wells. The main line station taking commuters is also less than 2-minutes’ walk away.
Period semi-detached property over 4 floors with off street parking for a minimum of 3 customer cars and a large garage accessed from the front with private rear garden.
Ground floor –
- Service area with large menu boards, access to the cellar.
- Cellar - Large area to the full size of the shop, ideal dry store area and is full height.
- Kitchen - Accessed through the shop and includes base and wall store cupboards.
- Garage - Contains meters of dry store shelving, walk in fridge and walk-in freezer.
- Rear store area - Includes toilet, storage shelving, owner’s area and access to the accommodation and rear garden.
- Garden - Very large area includes terrace.
- Ground floor - Large kitchen with wall and base units
- Large dining room/garden room or 4th bedroom. Hallways with storage and a cloakroom area, washing machine and stairs up to the first floor.
- First floor- Large hallway, very large living room with window to side and rear, storeroom, new boiler, 2nd store cupboard, bedroom 1 which has a large window to the side and includes a walk-in wardrobe. Master bedroom 2 to the front with period bay windows, with a lovely walk in wardrobe which is fully fitted. Stairs up to 2nd floor.
- Second floor- store cupboard, front double bedroom, large shower room, large family bathroom with a shower over the bath.
Front of shop-
- Large double pan range with 2 x heat boxes, 1 x chip box. 1 x griddle, 2 x foil kebab machines, glass fronted drinks fridge, stainless steel service counter, till and store cupboard.
- 6 hob gas burner, commercial microwave, under counter fridge, large stainless steel upright fridge, hand wash sink, double stainless-steel preparation sinks for fish and double stainless steel sink for chip preparation, chipper, peeler and large potato store cupboard.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 17 years remaining on the 20 year lease. The rent is £1,200 per month and has £0 rates payable.