Well established Framing business for sale
Please quote reference B06468
Hilton Smythe are pleased to bring to the market this well-established business which has amassed an enviable reputation over 16 years for its exceptional quality products and attentive customer service.
Since its inception, our clients have worked hard and successfully generated high annual turnover in excess of £110,000 last year, with healthy net profit margins.
This is an ideal platform and will appeal to an array of buyers. It could make an excellent bolt-on purchase for an existing business looking to grow their client base and product offering. It will also suit an entrepreneur/first time buyer/individual/couples seeking a career change to acquire a well-built business model.
The business is offering the opportunity to make a good living by carrying out a pleasurable and rewarding craft. The working environment is virtually stress-free. The tools and techniques would be easily mastered by anyone with basic practical skills. The business benefits from established systems and is straightforward to administer without prior experience.
Scope for development within the business -
- Online sales is an untapped market.
- Expand the origination and printing operation.
- A mobile framing service has been enquired after and would potentially appeal to the numerous artists with studios and more elderly customers in the area.
- Framing for commercial businesses has not been explored by the current owners. Most of the work undertaken is for private individuals.
- Promotional activity in association with local artists and greater use of social media platforms alongside website development would attract additional trade.
- Gunnar F1 Computerised Mount Cutter + Bambi Compressor
- Morso Mitre Guillotine
- Cassese Underpinner
- Keencut Excalibur 5000 Glass and board cutter
- Hotpress HGP 260 Vacuum Press
- Epson Stylus Pro 9800 LFP
- Epson XP-15000 A3+ Printer
- HP Officejet Pro 8100 Printer
- Novatech Desktop Computer
- Benq Flat Screen monitor
- Epson Expression 11000XL Scanner
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £114,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06468
We are advised that the business is run and managed by the two owners.
The business hours are currently run to suit our clients.
The business is located in a picturesque setting in a desirable location. The clientele are appreciative and pleasant to serve. The building itself will gain value in view of its location and alternative possible uses.
The building is an old telephone exchange and as such is long and narrow. There is a small gallery at the front of the building with another small work area behind. The workshop covers approximately two thirds of the building and includes a small kitchen area, fridge, and cloakroom.
There is a rear door to a small, paved area and an apron of approximately 1 metre surrounding three sides of the building. This area is gated and fenced. The front of the premises has hard standing for two cars and the benefit of an unrestricted lay-by in close proximity. The building is heated by electric storage heaters and has fire alarms, a burglar alarm, and a security shutter at the front of the property.
The south facing roof aspect has capacity for 24 solar panels which would reduce costs and could potentially generate revenue. The loft space lends itself to conversion for use as an imaging studio or additional storage.
We are advised that this business is available on both a Freehold or a Leasehold basis. The Leasehold is on the market for £155,000 + SAV, with lease terms to be negotiated.