Well Established Garage & Mot Centre With A Renowned Reputation
- Asking Price: £525,000 +SAV
Auto Engine Tune has averaged a turnover of circa £283,000 per annum as of the 2016/2017 accounts with a gross profit of approximately 37% (£104,248).
Please quote reference B05603
- Tenure: Freehold
Please quote reference B05603
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Auto Engine Tune which is a well-established Garage and Mot Centre with a renowned reputation amongst residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a high turnover local business in an area teeming with customers.
There has been a garage at this site for over 50 years and the current owners have run it successfully and lucratively as Auto Engine Tune for the last 14 years or so. The business has been a real labour of love for them and has accrued an impressive number of regular customers and a fantastic reputation.
The business is now being sold albeit reluctantly and with heavy hearts only due to a wish to take a well-earned retirement, the vendors are keen to see their beloved garage pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner (s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Auto Engine Tune is a family run garage that prides itself on a personal and friendly service. The business is a member of the “Retail Motor Industry Federation “and complies fully with the federations quality control code of practice for the motor trade.
The business carries out repairs and servicing on all marques including:
- Brake overhauls.
- Clutch replacement.
- Cylinder head gaskets.
- Cam belt replacement.
- Suspension and steering repairs.
- Air conditioning.
- ECU remapping.
Reasons to Buy:
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers.
- The sale includes the substantial freehold.
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real “Turnkey “business opportunity.
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business.
The business is run and managed by our clients, a husband and wife team with the help of 3 full time members of staff.
Monday to Thursday 08:00 – 17:00
Friday 08:00 – 16:30
Saturday 08:00 – 12:00
Auto Engine Tune is in Swindon.
Swindon is a large town in the ceremonial county of Wiltshire between Bristol, 35 miles to the west and Reading the same distance to the east. The town is 71 miles west of London.
Swindon has two junctions (15&16) on the M4 motorway. Swindon bus operators are Thames down and Stagecoach.
Auto Engine Tune is ideally located in a standalone position in an area of densely populated residential housing and thus benefits from good levels of footfall and passing trade along with regular custom. The business is nicely presented and maintained with clear visible signage.
Auto Engine Tune occupies generous, detached premises and briefly comprises:
- Reception with door to front, bespoke counter, customer waiting area.
- Managers Office with space for desk and filing cabinets etc.
- Inner Hallway with window and door to workshop, space for fridge and kettle.
- Generous workshop with roller door to front, fluorescent lighting, Mot bay, 2 two poster ramps, scissor lift ramp, tyre racking, workbenches, diagnostic equipment, storeroom to rear.
- Externally there is a generous yard to the front of the business that is mainly laid to concrete and provides parking for several vehicles.
We are advised that Auto Engine Tune is being sold as a freehold business opportunity.
We are further advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates.