Well established golfing accessories business for sale
Coventry, West Midlands
- Asking Price: £28,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2021 accounts (10 months) , the business generated a turnover in the region of £85,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £20,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06054
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B06054
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Mercia Golf, a highly renowned Golfing glove and Accessories business established in 2011.
The ‘Run from Home’ business opportunity is now being offered for sale due to the decision of our clients to now retire.
The easily transferable business model will come with a full business handover to ensure the smooth transition.
Mercia Golf was established on the back of our clients' love for the game, who have played for over 50 years. They later opened a shop in the 1980s when there were very few high street golfing businesses. After the shop closed, they decided to move the supply of golfing gloves and range of accessories online. https://www.merciagolf.com
The business currently offers the following range of –
- Men’s gloves
- Ladies gloves
- Ball markers
- Pitch repairers
- Scorecard holders & marking
- Grips & kits
- Golf clubs
- Training aids
- Gift sets
Our client uses around 5 key suppliers who they have built up an excellent relationship with over the years, many suppliers are based in the UK as well others in both China and Far East
The business focuses on supplying a higher quality product with 5 gloves on the site averaging at £20 for 5 sets.
The business uses 3 x main platforms to sell –
- Amazon – 70 - 75% of total orders
- eBay – 20- 22% of total orders
- Own website – 2 – 3% of total orders
We are advised the business sends out between 400 – 500 orders per week.
Our clients recently invested in a new website which offers any customer the ability to order online. Further investment in Search Engine Optimisation is likely to assist the increase of sales.
Key Selling Points include –
- Increasing demand & turnover levels
- Opportunity to increase awareness through attending more Golf shows & events.
- Opportunity to increase profit levels by increasing order from own website (current Amazon commission is approx. 15%)
- Outstanding reviews – excellent testimonials on both their website as well 4.5-5-star rating on Amazon, 5 star rating on eBay and excellent Google reviews
- Increase the social media presence – currently 110 followers on Facebook & 81 followers on Instagram.
- Opportunity to add the customers own logo to the new range.
- Increase gift set ranges.
- Create relationships with more golf clubs/golfing shops
- AAA Grade leather used in all gloves.
- Opportunity to add a drop shipment location with Amazon.
The business is owner ran and managed.
The business is trading 24/7.
Mercia Golf is currently operated from our client’s home in Coventry however, the nature of the business allows the business to be transferred to any new location across the country.
The business requires a small storage area/garage for stock holding.
We are informed all orders are packaged at home and then taken to the local post office to be delivered out to customers.
Majority of the customers are based in the UK however due to the quality of the products available, they have also sent orders internationally.
N/A as its a Business Only sale.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Business Only basis.