Well established Home Furnishing business for sale
- Asking Price: £150,000
We are advised that as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £275,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £72,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06076
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B06076
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market a highly regarded and long established online sustainable home furnishing business with over 40 years of importing/selling experience.
The desirable business opportunity is now being made for sale due to our client’s desire to take things a little slower and allow the business to be taken to the next level due to the increase in demand.
The family run business has been importing products direct from suppliers based in Asia, and Europe since 1991. They have established firm relationships with their impressive list of trusted suppliers who produce the unique range of products to their own specifications and desired margins. Many of the suppliers have been supplying since 1991 and this we believe is one of the key selling points of this business.
Our clients originally owned several successful furnishings businesses retail outlets across the Kent county and their thirst for keeping their ranges fresh and interesting is clear to see in the successful business model now available.
Their pioneering decision to move the business 100% online was the result of the focus to supply only renewable sourced raw materials as well taking the time to constantly seek new and more innovative materials/designs.
The business currently offers a unique choice of home furnishing items which include –
- Natural storage trunks, boxes, laundry baskets & gift boxes – made from either rattan, sustainable water hyacinth or seagrass
- Rugs & Matting – made from natural jute, jute & fleece or wool
- Door curtains – made from bamboo
- Wicker hand baskets – made in both rattan & seagrass
- Own website
Due to the significant increase in demand, our clients made the decision to focus only on the UK market. Until December 2020, the business was trading on European Amazon sites set up in France, Spain, Italy and Germany.
We are advised orders for 2020 -2021 are showing a 50% increase in British sales.
Our clients aim to dispatch all orders within 24 hours of payment.
Our clients admit the increase in organic growth means they undertake no additional advertising apart from the sites it uses to sell from.
We recommend any new buyer could quickly and easily increase the current turnover levels by adding any of the following points –
- Turn European sites back on
- Target the American market
- Increase days of operation to 7 (currently turn of orders on a Sunday)
- Increase the range of products
- Widen the range on On-buy
- Invest in a ‘Google Ad word’ campaign
- Establish a social media presence
- Attend physical home interior events & specific home focused markets
Key selling points include –
- Fully relocatable business model
- Excellent customer feedback on all selling platforms
- Own website with ordering/payment facility
- Consistent profit levels
- Full business handover period offered
- Low running costs
- Opportunity for growth
We are advised that the business is owner ran and managed.
The business is trading 24/7.
CASA Furnishings is currently run from our client’s home in Canterbury with the addition of a small nearby storage facility on a secure Business park.
The nature of the business model will easily allow the business to be fully transferable location across the UK or Europe.
Any new owner will need to arrange a UK storage facility of around 2,000 square feet.
N/A as its a Business Only sale.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Business Only basis.