Well established independent Electrical Retailer for sale
Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
- Asking Price: £65,000 +SAV
We are advised that as per the 2021 accounts the business generated a turnover in the region of £665,000. Full financials can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06782
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06782
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Wall’s TV Limited, which is a traditional and well established independent electrical retailer with a renowned reputation. This is a superb opportunity to take on a high turnover local business in a well populated and prosperous area of the Midlands.
Wall’s TV Limited was founded by the current MD in 1970 and since then the business has acquired a fantastic reputation together with a substantial number of loyal and satisfied customers. The business is now being sold due to the directors wishing to take their well-earned retirement. They are keen to see this electrical store pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take it to the next level.
The business is a member of Euronics, Europe’s leading independent electrical buying group and this ensures that it is able to offer products by stellar manufacturers at prices that are competitive with other high street and internet retailers. The business retails a great range of domestic appliance, televisions and integrated appliances which are on display in three ground floor showrooms as well as one first-floor TV demonstration showroom.
The business prides itself on offering the highest standard of service to all its customers and this is reflected in the number of returning buyers, many of whom have been using the business for decades.
The sale will include the company website (www.wallstv.co.uk) and Facebook page and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet along with many impressive reviews such as:
- “Proper good old fashioned customer service, attention and problem solving”
- “Excellent service and advice, next day delivery and installation”
- “Prices are competitive as is their delivery and disposal service”
- A long-established business with excellent reputation and many loyal customers
- Membership of Euronics, Europe’s leading electrical buying group
- Convenient location with free car park and on-street parking available locally
- Reference-Point EPOS system with comprehensive past sales data
- Fixtures and fittings included in the sale as well as stockroom racking
- The opportunity to modernise an established business to improve profitability
- An agreed handover period if required to ensure the smooth transition.
- Upgrade the current website, adding an e-commerce facility
- Maximise the use of social media particularly Twitter and Instagram
- Consider investing in SEO to drive customers to the business
- Take advantage of manufacturers’ advertising funds to support marketing campaigns
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed.
The business hours are -
Monday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Tuesday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Wednesday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Thursday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Friday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Saturday – 9:00am – 5:30pm
Sunday - Closed
Wall’s TV Limited is located on a main road in the Lillington suburb to the north of Royal Leamington Spa. There is a convenient free car park next to the adjoining chemist as well as plenty of on-street parking locally. There is also a Tesco Express store within fifty metres where free parking is available subject to a purchase having been made at their store.
Royal Leamington Spa, more commonly known as Leamington Spa, is situated in one of the wealthiest areas of the West Midlands and is easily accessible for shoppers from many local towns and villages, including Coventry, Kenilworth, Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon. It is a significant global centre for the video game industry with a higher than average proportion of digital media companies in games development, digital design and publishing.
The narrow shop front conceals a larger than expected interior which has often been described as being like a Tardis.
The premises include the following:
- Three ground-floor showrooms offering display areas for a good selection of televisions, laundry products, dishwashers, fridge-freezers, cookers and integrated appliances.
- A TV demonstration showroom on the first-floor where customers can compare a number of more up-market OLED and LED large-screen televisions and sound bars away from the main shop area.
- Two attached stock-rooms that allow the business to maintain an adequate number of boxed products to ensure that these are available for immediate delivery when required.
- An area for repairs, servicing, packaging or product inspections
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with the current lease on a rolling agreement. The rent is £12,000 per annum.