Well established Kitchens and Bedrooms business for sale
- Asking Price: £349,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £660,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06839
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06839
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market one of Yorkshire's most well established and highly renowned independent manufacturers of bespoke kitchens and bedrooms.
The business was originally established over 25 years ago and later purchased by our client in 2019 who is now looking to sell the successful business to allow to concentrate on his other business interests not related to this sector.
The ‘Turn-key’ business opportunity has carried out over 2,000 projects with unrivalled customer testimonials which includes a 5 star review score from Facebook users.
The services include kitchens, traditional and sliding wardrobes, home offices, walk-in wardrobes, lounges, bed, upholstery and bespoke projects.
They offer a full personal service which includes the removal of existing furniture to the electrical, plumbing, flooring, decorating and even building. Each kitchen or bedroom is individually designed in their showroom to ensure both the optimum use of the space available as well the budget available.
What makes them different?
- All cabinets/furniture made within their own warehouse
- Inhouse designers
- All staff employed and full trained
- All work comes with a long guarantee
- Large showroom with over 25 kitchen & bedroom displays
- Projects undertaken from £1,500 - £85,000
- Excellent business website - includes a free brochure to download
Our client’s attention to detail is clear to see in all areas of the business, especially in the day to day operations which includes a step by step operations manual for each role to ensure consistency.
All work undertaken is by either word of mouth or recommendations with a 3 month waiting period. Our client undertakes no marketing or advertising however advises any new owner could easily increase turnover in excess of £1M with a fresh campaign.
Our client has built up an excellent relationship with a database of local and national developers who he is willing to transfer to any new owner. The potential work they could provide for Wharfedale is endless, the demand for high specification homes and kitchens has doubled since the UK housing economy boom.
Key selling points -
- Best location available for this type of business
- Large customer showroom
- Separate fully equipped warehouse
- 100% staff run
- Very happy team of designers & technicians
- Consistent profit levels
- Facebook page - 5 star reviews
- Houzz.co.uk - 5 star customer review rated
- Opportunity to increase both sales/profit levels
- Further B2B opportunity - private developers/landlords/architects
The sale of the business includes (Full breakdown available upon further request)-
- 2 x Laptops
- 2 x Printers
- Commercial printer
- 4 x Desktop computer with monitor
- All showroom displays
- 4 x Meeting room chairs
- Office corner desk with chair
- Staff kitchen appliances and accessories
- Office desks, accessories and wall fittings
- All metal and wood racking
- Drill and all accessory equipment
- Panel Saw
- Inventair and ducting kit
- Commercial heating system
- 2 x Vans
We are advised that the business has 8 full-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 8:00am – 4:30pm
Wednesday – 8:00am – 4:30pm
Thursday – 8:00am – 4:30pm
Friday – 8:00am – 4:30pm
Saturday – 8:00am – 3:30pm
Sunday - Closed
The business occupies a highly desirable showroom located in West Yorkshire.
The prominent store unit is well positioned and the main train station is just a 5 minute walk from the showroom.
There are free customer parking spaces directly outside the showroom as well as many more available spaces in the nearby.
- Showroom - Large showroom with 25 kitchen displays & 3 bedroom installations , meeting room, air conditioning, staff & customer toilet facilities, off road customer parking.
- Warehouse - Double height unit with staff changing facilities/toilets.
We are advised that business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with both the Showroom and Warehouse on 2 seperate leases.
The showroom has 6 years remaining on the 10 year lease, and the rent is £1,350 per month.
The warehouse has 3 years remaining on the 5 year lease, and the rent is £1,639 per month.
The rates payable is £10,500 per annum.