Well established MOT/Repair Garage business for sale
- Asking Price: £124,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2019 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £205,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £40,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06162
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06162
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Arnold Lane Service Centre, a well-established MOT/ repair garage which has been under the careful ownership of our client for the last 10 years, only now does the business come to market as they plan to retire.
The garage comes with a fantastic reputation for good customer service, high standard of work and unrivalled reliability. They can carry out MOT’s on most makes and models. The Mot licence is class 4
Very rarely do garages of this size and standard within the area come onto the open market and we therefore recommend early viewing to avoid disappointment.
The sale of the business includes:
- 3 phase electrics
- Automated Testing Lane (ATL) MOT bay
- 5 vehicle ramps (excluding ATL MOT ramp)
- Wheel balancer, wheel alignment machine, tyre changer
- Work benches, selection of jacks, trolleys
- Compressor, Hydraulic press, Diagnostics machine
- Staff kitchen and storage
- Reception/customer waiting area
- Car sale pitch
- Build on a 1/3 of an acre
- Well established with large customer base
- Near a new housing development with up to 3000 properties due to be built
- Employs 4 staff members plus the owner.
- Premises surrounded by secure gates/fences and has 3 entry points
- 6 bays with 5 ramps (exc ATL MOT testing bay) and fully fitted workshops.
- Car sales showroom and pitch.
Our client does not currently push any advertising, as the garage is kept busy with local customers, word of mouth and repeat business. Therefore, there is ample scope to increase revenue.
The business already has an attractive and easy use website along with an active Facebook page.
Arnold Lane Service Station has an excellent, 5 star review rating across social media and google, with customers stating, ‘The best garage ever , they are so friendly and really professional with reasonable price’ and ‘Amazing garage. Always go above and beyond’.
A new housing development with up to 3000 homes is under construction providing scope for further revenue and expanding the customer base.
Our client is offering a hand over period to ensure the continued success of the business.
The garage currently offers services to class 4 vehicles, any new owner may look to remodel the garage to allow for larger class 7 vehicles. Other improvements could include:
- Extending the opening hours (including weekends) - this would easily add a further 30-40%
- Embarking on modern marketing schemes such as ‘whocanfixmycar.com’
- Increase advertising.
- Increase mechanics to the current team.
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed, with the help of 4 staff members.
The business hours are -
Monday – 08:30 – 17:30
Tuesday – 08:30 – 17:30
Wednesday – 08:30 – 17:30
Thursday – 08:30 – 17:30
Friday – 08:30 – 17:30
Saturday – Closed
Sunday - Closed
The business is ideally situated on Arnold Lane, Gedling, Nottingham.
The site is a short distance from the Carlton Academy and the busy retail area of Gedling itself.
Surrounded by residential dwellings and with ample parking, the site benefits from being on the A6211, which is an arterial road linking to the A60.
The premises consist of a large customer service area and a large double workshop area.
Large car park with 2 garage entrances (both with independent roller shutters) and entrance to the service area.
The workshop is fully fitted to suit the trade with a non-slip floor, lighting, and storage room.
Premises are 170sqm+
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with new lease to be negotiated. The rent is £40,000pa.