Well established Motorcycle Clothing & Accessories business for sale
Coventry, West Midlands
- Asking Price: £149,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £210,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £55,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06481
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06481
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Bikers Paradise which is a well-established Clothing, Jacket and Accessories business with a renowned reputation amongst the biking community. This is a superb opportunity to take on a wonderful, unique business that although already thriving, offers further scope for improvement.
The seeds of the business were sown back in 1966 when the two original founders met when they became neighbours and discovered that they both longed to be their own boss. By 1971, leather clothing was all the rage and the founders decided that this presented the opportunity they had been looking for, their wives started making leather garments and started hosting leather parties in homes all around Coventry. The parties were such a success that the founders were able to make it their full time careers and worked together creating a mini leather empire on markets all over the Midlands.
In 1982 the partners moved to the current premises and expanded into motorcycle clothing alongside their fashion clothing and that’s where “Bikers Paradise” was born and the business went from strength to strength gaining notoriety in the motorcycle industry and winning awards for its many garments. The business is celebrating its 50th year this year.
This family business has now passed to the daughters of the original owner and alongside them now are members of the team that have contributed to its success over the years.
The business is being sold with a heavy heart, however it would be very exciting for the business to move to the next stage in its history. They are keen to see their fathers beloved Motorcycle leather and accessories shop pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving business to the next level whilst at the same time maintaining the exacting quality for detail that the business has always been respected for. The business pays testament to the love and attention that their father invested in to it and they are sorry to see it come to the market.
All fixtures and fittings and manufacturing equipment is included in the sale making this a turnkey business opportunity for a lucky new owner.
Bikers Paradise sells an impressive number of products from its shop in Coventry and the company website (bikersparadise.co.uk). Items include;
- Men’s & Women’s leather motorcycle jackets
- Leather jeans
- Leather gloves
- Motorcycle boots
- T-Shirts and tops
- Winter clothing
- Motorcycle helmets
- Motorcycle luggage
- Grinder Boots
- Motorcycle security
- Sheepskin jackets
- Hot weather motorcycle jackets
The business offers its motorcycle jackets up to Size 54 which is practically unheard of in the industry.
The business has achieved a high level of excellence in the production of motorcycle clothing with a long history of accolades from the industry’s leading magazines such as Motor Cycle New and Ride.
Bikers Paradise motorcycle leathers come with the option of fitting the latest technology Visotec CE memory armour that is almost undetectable from the outside and extremely comfortable to wear. The business offers a Lifetime Guarantee on its products and will restitch any failed stitching free of charge and prides itself on offering a friendly, quick and efficient after sales service with expert knowledge and customer care that is second to none.
Additionally the business carries out repairs and alterations to all brands of leather clothing including refurbishments, replacement of panels, sewing on of patches and badges, fitting of press studs, relining, shortening, split seams, taking in and zip replacement . Such is its reputation that the business receives referrals from Johnsons Dry Cleaners. This side of the business is especially lucrative and a new owner should consider upscaling as there is considerable demand for the service and it should prove highly profitable going forward.
The sale will include the company website, Facebook and Instagram pages and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet along with impressive reviews such as;
- “I was quite amazed by their selection of clothing, quality and price”
- “Friendly customer focused service from this experienced family business”
- “Wow what an amazing place to visit, Michelle made us feel very welcome with a cup of coffee and a relaxed shopping experience. Excellent range of clothing and you are able to try on anything you like with no pressure to buy or hurry to make a decision which makes such a pleasant change. Would highly recommend a visit."
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media and explore SEO optimisation
- Update the existing website
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions
- Introduce a loyalty scheme to encourage repeat trade
- Perhaps look at introducing younger styles for today’s Instagram generation.
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent
- All fixtures, fittings and equipment included in sale
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business or a bolt on to an existing Clothing company
- Current owners happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
We are advised that the business is run and managed by one of the owners, with the help of 1 full-time administrator and 1 full-time machinist. The business also has 1 part-time sales/internet sales person.
The business hours are -
Monday – 10:00 – 17:00
Tuesday – 10:00 – 17:00
Wednesday – 10:00 – 17:00
Thursday – 10:00 – 17:00
Friday – 10:00 – 17:00
Saturday – 10:00 – 17:00
Sunday – Closed
Bikers Paradise is located in Coventry.
Coventry is a city in the West Midlands. Historically part of Warwickshire, Coventry had a population of 316,915 at the 2011 census making it the 9th largest city in England and the 11th largest in the United Kingdom.
Coventry is 19 miles east-southeast of Birmingham, 24 miles southwest of Leicester, 11 miles north of Warwick and 94 miles northwest of London. Coventry is near the M1, M6, M40, M45 and M69 motorways. Coventry railway station is served by the West Coast Main Line. Bus operators in Coventry include National Express Coventry, Arriva Midlands and Stagecoach in Warwickshire.
Bikers Paradise is situated in a modern industrial estate and sits alongside other complimentary businesses. The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive light blue livery. There is free parking immediately outside the premises.
Bikers Paradise occupies two floors of a modern, inner terraced industrial unit, is extremely well stocked and maintained and briefly comprises;
- Entrance - Roller door security to front, two front doors.
- Reception/Show Room area - Bespoke counter, seating providing a customer waiting area, coffee machine, high ceilings, perimeter shelving and ceiling hanging space, fluorescent lighting, Dexion type steel shelving.
- Workroom - Fully fitted to suit the trade with central work tables and chairs, 5 sewing machines, fluorescent lighting, perimeter shelving, ironing station, air conditioning, cutting board, timber work benches, floor storage space, hanging rails.
- Office - Good sized managers office with 2 desks and chairs, filing cabinets, CCTV monitor.
- Second Work Room - Fluorescent lighting, perimeter worktop with useful storage beneath, beech effect wall cupboards, wall mounted plastic storage boxes.
- Under stairs storage area.
- Showroom 1 - Extremely well stocked showroom with carpeted floor, fluorescent lighting, CCTV system (1 external and 7 internal) perimeter shelving and hanging rails, central gondola incorporating shelves and hanging rails, alarm system.
- Changing Booth - With access to further storage space beneath the eaves
- Showroom 2 - With a bespoke Perspex shelving unit for the display of motorcycle helmets and accessories, perimeter hanging rails.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Rolling Monthly Lease, with the rent at £2,250 per quater, with the rates at a reduced rate of £318 per month.