Well Established Paints and Wallpaper Retail Business For Sale
- Asking Price: £99,500 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £240,000 as of 2021, further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06804
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06804
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Ashley & Lewis.
Ashley & Lewis was founded by the current owner in 2016 having spent pretty much his entire working career in the paint supply trade. The business has been a real labour of love for him accruing many regular customers along with a fantastic reputation.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to the vendors wish to enjoy a well earned retirement, he is keen to see his decorative, paint supply business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Ashley & Lewis is a bespoke, decorative paint supplier selling directly to consumers, interior designers and decorators, drawing on the vendors decades of expertise and expertise to advise his customers with their decorating projects.
Ashley & Lewis offer a comprehensive range of trade and designer paints as well as a range of wallpapers that is second to none. Brands include:
- Farrow & Ball
- Little Greene
- Designers Guild
- Paint & Paper Library
- Dulux Trade
- Johnstone’s Trade
- Crown Trade
- Leyland Trade
- Cole & Sons
- Today Interiors
- Osborne & Little
- Colefax & Fowler
“ The best local store for painting and decorating supplies, the business has everything you need, the best paint brands and colours mixed on site for immediate collection. Great selection of wallpaper books too. Super smart premises and a fantastic service with helpful advice always on tap. I highly recommend Ashley & Lewis”
“Great service and good prices”
“Staff are very friendly and have knowledge on their whole range”
Ashley & Lewis is an award winning business having achieved Platinum Standard for Customer Service Excellence from Surrey County Council and Waverley Borough Council
Scope to improve
- Advertising and marketing campaign. The business currently receives most of its business via word of mouth and referrals from satisfied customers
- Extend the opening hours
- Explore SEO to drive more customers to the company website
- Develop the online sales side of the business, there is a real opportunity to increase turnover significantly using the e-commerce platform.
- Explore online voucher discounters such as Wowcher and Groupon
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
- Little or no competition locally
- Prime trading position in a salubrious area with lots of wealthy clients
- The business has agreed a deal with Farrow & Ball to purchase one of their paint mixing systems. This is a very prestigious contract that very few retailers are offered and would have a significant effect on turnover
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business.
- A real opportunity to increase turnover and profit significantly, current owner has been running at a pace to suit.
- There are subletting opportunities that mitigate a considerable proportion of the rent.
- Ideal bolt on to to an existing paint, decorating or DIY business
Very rarely do businesses of this calibre come to the open market so early enquiry is highly recommended.
This lovely little business is likely to attract considerable interest.
The business is owner run and managed with the help of family members and casuals as required.
The business trading hours are as followed:
Monday to Thursday - 07:30am - 17:00pm
Friday - 07:30am - 16:00pm
Saturday - 08:00am - 12:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Ashley & Lewis is located in Farncombe.
Farncombe is a village and peripheral settlement of Godalming in Waverley, Surrey and is approximately 0.8 miles north east of the Godalming centre, separated by common land known as the Lammas Lands.
Farncombe is served by the Portsmouth – London railway, through Farncombe railway station, and the Hoppa community bus project. It is near the A3, which links the village with London and Portsmouth and the M25. It lies on the River Wey and canal boats can be hired there taking travellers up to Guildford and beyond.
The business is ideally positioned in the centre of the village and is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive livery.
There is free on street parking in the roads and streets surrounding the premises.
The business occupies generous, attractive, period style premises ideally suited to the trade and briefly comprises a good sized retail shop with an archway through to a trade products section, a wallpaper studio, office, WC and kitchenette.
To the rear of the business is a small courtyard and a two storey, brick built barn that is sub let to a complimentary business for £330 per calendar month.
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with a rolling monthly Lease currently in place, the rent is £900 per month.