Well established Pet Food Supplier for sale
- Asking Price: £49,999 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2022 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £142,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £24,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06905
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06905
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of a well-established Pet food supplier with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a high turnover local business in an area teeming with customers which still offers massive potential for a new owner.
The business was founded by the current owners in 2018 when they identified a gap in the market for raw dog food, natural treats and healthy supplements at affordable pricesThe business has been a great success, expanding far more quickly than the owners anticipated and gaining an impressive number of regular customers along with a burgeoning reputation.
This lovely little business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with heavy hearts only due to the owners wishes to take a well-earned, semi-retirement and to spend more time with family. They are keen to see their beloved pet food company pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner (s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
The business prides itself on sourcing good quality food at affordable prices and all of its minces contain 75-80% meat, 10-15% bone and 10% offal. A varied range of proteins ensure that their customers dogs get a good balance. All products are free from artificial preservatives, flavours or colours, just real meat which is DEFRA approved.
The business offers a range of products including;
- Raw minces including meat only options
- Fish ( mackerel and sprats)
- Chicken feet and wings
- Beef, kidney and liver chunks
- Natural treats
- Salmon chunks
- Animology products
- Supplements and animal health products
- Pet beds
- Toys and accessories.
- “Fantastic place, brilliant quality for money, very happy pups”
- “The products are of great quality and the service is second to none”
- “Nice people who run the firm and will help you where they can”
- “Great quality and great choice of raw dog food, fantastic value for money. So pleased I’ve found them."
- Advertising and marketing campaign, most of the business comes from word of mouth and referrals. An effective campaign would have a significant effect on turnover.
- Extend the opening hours, the business is currently being run at a pace to suit on very limited hours, again longer opening hours would have a significant effect
- Development of the wholesale side to the business supplying independent pet shops etc
- Consider sponsoring dog training classes or rehoming kennels etc to promote the brand
- Expand the e commerce side of the business
- Explore the possibility of moving product into Amazon
- Add additional product lines to the retail shop
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Little or no competition locally
- Current owners happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
- All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- Established relationships with suppliers
- The sale will include the company own branding
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Lends itself as a bolt on to an existing pet supplies company.
- A genuine opportunity to increase turnover and profits significantly, by their own admission, the current owners have been running at a pace to suit but even so, the business has been spectacularly successful.
All fixtures and fittings are included in the sale. A sign written Citroen Berlingo van on a 17 plate may be available by separate negotiation.
We are advised that the business is run and managed by both owners.
The business hours are -
Monday - Closed
Tuesday – 9:30am – 3:00pm
Wednesday – 10:00am – 12:00pm
Thursday – 9:30am – 3:00pm
Friday – 9:30am – 3:00pm
Saturday – 10:00am – 12:00pm
Sunday - Closed
The business is located on a busy and vibrant industrial estate in Worcestershire. The business sits alongside other complimentary businesses and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade along with regular custom.
There is free parking immediately outside the premises.
The business occupies an industrial unit and is presented and maintained to the highest standard and briefly comprises.
Shop - Door and window to front opening into a retail shop area with counter and product shelving. Beyond the counter is a generous office with space for desks, chairs filing cabinets etc.
Store Room - With perimeter shelving and floor storage space.
WC - With closed coupled toilet and hand wash basin.
Kitchenette - With base units and stainless steel sink and drainer, tea & coffee making facilities.
Warehouse - Double height, generous warehouse with roller door to front, 2 large, walk-in freezers, 5 chest freezers, heavy duty racking, electronics weighing machine. Previously occupants of this unit had mezzanine offices and this could be reinstated if required.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 4 years remaining on the 6 year lease. The rent is £7,500 per annum.