Well Established Restaurant For Sale In Braintree
- Asking Price: £437,500 +SAV
We are advised that the business generates a turnover in the region of £550,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B07072
- Tenure: Freehold
Please quote reference B07072
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market The House by Hilly Gant, a highly rated and well established restaurant in Braintree.
This well respected business opportunity looks to use locally sourced British produce, and was originally established by our client in 2015, before rebranding in 2022.
Only now does the business come to the market due to our clients desire to focus on other business ventures.
The business has built an excellent reputation and loyal customers, offering quality produce.
Key selling points -
- Exceptional reputation locally and very well established having been a restaurant / wine bar since 1982, the go-to restaurant for special occasions.
- 13,000 followers on social media.
- Awarded an AA Rosette for ‘culinary excellence’
- Ready to trade from day one – NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, the restaurant is currently staffed and running well, the perfect opportunity for someone who has never worked in the industry.
- The restaurant is in an excellent condition throughout.
- Extend opening hours
- Introduce outside catering or takeaway/delivery services.
Very rarely do restaurants with so much history, character or reputation come onto to the open market, and we therefore advise early viewings to avoid disappointment.
We are advised that the business is fully run and managed, with 14 members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday - Closed
Tuesday – 6:00pm - Close
Wednesday – 6:00pm - Close
Thursday – 6:00pm - Close
Friday – 12:00pm – 3:00pm & 6:00pm - Close
Saturday – 12:00pm – 4:00pm & 6:00pm - Close
Sunday - 12:00pm – 5:00pm
The House by Hilly Gant occupies a busy trading location along New Street in Braintree, Essex.
Situated in the town centre, the business gets great exposure and visbility from passing trade and walkers.
The restaurant is situated opposite Tesco’s car park, which provides ample parking for customers.
The 18th Century grade ll listed building provides our client with a wonderful space and an interesting setting for customers to come and dine.
- Large air conditioned basement used for bar storage (wine, beer, spirits, etc) and kitchen dry stores.
- The ground floor is split over two levels. Period coving, wooden floors, paneled walls all add to a very attractive and quirky setting. Both the bar and the kitchen are situated on the ground floor as well as 34 covers inside and 18 covers outside. The kitchen was fully refurbished 2 years ago and all equipment is less than 3 years old. The courtyard was also fully refurbished with composite decking (25 year guarantee) and well lit.
- The first floor seats another 34 covers, exposed beams, Edison light bulbs and some quirky features such as switches by most tables which when switched, cause a light to illuminate above the bar.
- Two unisex toilets, a beautiful landing and a good sized storage cupboard.
- An office, storage and a large room with an adjoining shower room with a toilet, sink and shower. There is enough room on the second floor to create a small flat.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Freehold basis.