Well established Sandwich Shop business for sale
Smethwick, West Midlands
Please quote reference B06337
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of The Sandwich Shop which is a well-established Sandwich shop with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a popular local business in an area teeming with customers.
The business was founded approximately three years ago when the owner identified a need in the area. The business has been run by the current owner for the last two years during which time the business has flourished gaining many regular customers and a burgeoning reputation.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly due to our clients wish to pursue other interest. The vendor is keen to see his beloved Sandwich shop pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
The Sandwich Shop prides itself on the quality of its food which is freshly prepared on the premises using local ingredients wherever possible. The menu includes traditional staples such as:
- Hot and cold Sandwiches
- Filled Baguettes
- Paninis and wraps
- Baked potatoes
- Delicious Dinners
- Fish and chips
- Hot and cold drinks
- English breakfast
The business is proud of its 5 star hygiene rating. The Sandwich Shop has an impressive number of regular customers many of whom are known on a first name basis by the owner who is a popular and well respected member of the local community.
Scope to Improve
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Maximise the use of social media particularly Instagram (over 2,500 followers) and Twitter
- Website ideally with an online ordering facility
- Extend the opening hours
- Introduce a sandwich round at lunchtimes, loads of businesses locally
- Develop the outside catering side of the business ie business buffets etc
- Delivery service options.
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Perfect trading position close to Smethwick Rolfe Street Railway Station
- Absolutely immaculate and all fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
This great business is likely to attract considerable interest.
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in thee region of £77,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £31,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06337
We are advised that the business is owner ran and managed, with the help of 1 full-time and 2 part-time members of staff.
The business hours are -
Monday – 07:30 – 15:00
Tuesday – 07:30 – 15:00
Wednesday– 07:30 – 15:00
Thursday – 07:30 – 15:00
Friday– 07:30 – 15:00
Saturday – 07:30 – 13:00
Sunday - Closed
The Sandwich Shop is located in Smethwick.
Smethwick is an industrial town in Sandwell, West Midlands. It lies 4 miles west of Birmingham city centre and borders West Bromwich and Oldbury. In 2019 the ward of Smethwick has an estimated population 15,246 while the wider built up area subdivision has a population of 53,653.
The Sandwich shop occupies a prominent corner position in a densely populated area comprising business premises, factories, industrial units as well as residential flats and houses and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade along with regular custom.
The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive blue livery. There is free on street parking in the roads and streets surrounding the premises.
The Sandwich Shop occupies generous premises, is beautifully presented and maintained and briefly comprises;
- Panoramic windows and glazed double doors to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior, bespoke window graphics, roller shutter security grilles, vinyl flooring, suspended ceiling with concealed LED lighting, glass fronted drinks chiller, open chiller, bespoke crisp and snack racking, breakfast bar to front windows with approximately 10 seats, expensive looking, glass serve over counter, 5 illuminated menu boards, chalked menu boards, range of base and wall units with complimentary worktop, Primo Coffee machine, Classic Potato oven, 2 x Buffalo panini presses, stainless steel wall cladding.
- Comprehensively equipped catering kitchen, vinyl non slip flooring, UPVc wall cladding, full extraction system with stainless steel canopy, 6 burner range cooker with electric oven, twin basket stainless steel fryer, Parry griddle, 6 pot Bain Marie, white under counter fridge, 2 microwave ovens, stainless steel preparation tables. Wash-up area with stainless steel sink and drainer, spray tap, under sink pan storage, wall mounted Worcester Bosch boiler, 2 x 4 slot toasters.
- Generous cloakroom with close coupled toilet and vanity unit with inset ceramic bowl.
- With 3 chest freezers and Polar Stainless Steel fridge.
- With metal perimeter shelving and ample floor storage space.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with a new 10 year lease to be granted. The rent is £625 per month.