Well established Shoe Repair/Shoe Retailer business for sale
- Asking Price: £89,950 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2019 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £152,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £38,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06157
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06157
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market Shoecraft Oakham, a highly renowned and much loved community shoe repair/shoe retailer offering over 30 years successful trading in this much sought after area.
Our vendor comes from generations of ancestors who made and repaired shoes. His passion and pride for perfection is clear to see in the presentation of the shop we see today. The business has full screen covers on the counters for safety hygiene compliance.
Our clients have now decided to sell the business to allow them to retire and advise that any new owner will have the ability to easily build upon their current sales levels by adding new/additional services.
Currently the business offers the following services -
- Excellent shoe repairing
- Key cutting
- High-end, handcrafted men’s shoes & boots
- Laces, insoles, shoe protectors/polishes
- Slippers, belts & luggage
- Key cutting, accessories
- Power shoe repair machine. They have metal shoe lasts and separate work bench with metal shoe lasts also and free standing boot and shoe last.
- Silca mortice key cutting machine
- Silca record key cutting machine X2
- Star mortice key cutting machine
- Full alarm system
- Cash register
- Blake stitching machine
- Singer industrial sewing machine
- Shoe stretcher
- Boot and shoe stretcher
- Calf and ankle stretcher
- Jakey Tibbe machine and laser cutting key machine
It is clear to see from the business photos, the excellent customer choice there is available in all parts of the business.
The business is run by this well respected husband and wife team with some additional help at the weekend and at busy periods.
In recent times, there has been a re-focus on supporting local businesses such as this and we can see with the support shown for this business, any new buyer will enjoy the commitment given.
We believe this one of the most outstanding examples of a community driven, independent shoe repair/retailer we have ever placed on the market and we therefore highly recommend early viewing to avoid disappointment.
Key Selling Points -
- Unrivalled customer service offered
- 4.9/5 Google reviews from over 100 customers
- Excellent rental terms (with the option to take on the upstairs floor)
- Full handover period offered
- Exceptional list of proven suppliers
- New website - includes excellent customer testimonials
- Facebook page -642 followers
- Instagram page - 2,419 followers
- Very desirable area
- Extended opening hours
- Engraving services
- Sports Trophies
- Local school key tags/badges
We are advised that the business is husband and wife ran, with the help of 2 part time staff member.
The business hours are;
Monday – 9:00am - 3:30pm
Tuesday – 9:00am - 3:30pm
Wednesday – 9:00am – 3:30pm
Thursday – 9:00am – 3:30pm
Friday – 9:00am - 3:30pm
Saturday – 9:00am - 3:30pm
Sunday - Closed
Shoecraft enjoys a highly visible trading position along South Street in Oakham.
The detached unit is ideally positioned next to the large Tesco store, just off the High Street within the heart of Oakham.
The area offers a delightful choice of independent retailers, cafes & coffee houses, restaurants & bars as well as many services including a post office, local fire station & library. The nearby High Street includes all the major banks/building societies and good choice of further retailers. The trade benefits from Oakham School (private school) student and teachers trade.
The business is within walking distance of the renowned Hambleton bakery, an award winning artisan bakery offering the best breads, cakes & pastries in the Midlands.
South street is one of the main thoroughfares through Oakham from the nearby A606.
The business benefits from customer parking in the adjacent Tesco free car park.
The nearest mainline train station is Oakham, just 5 minutes’ walk from the business.
Ground floor -
- Retail area - comprises a selection of wall mounted display shelving, central moveable display shelving, solid wood service counter
- Workspace - comprises all shoe repair/key cutting machinery/ stock shelving units
- Large rear stockroom - fully shelved
- Staff kitchen area
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with a new lease to be offered for the new buyer. The rent is £833 per month, and has £0 rates payable.