Well established Thatched Roofing Contractor for sale
- Asking Price: £269,999 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £470,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £95,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06801
- Tenure: Business Only
Please quote reference B06801
Hilton Smythe welcomes to the market, Master Thatchers (North) Limited.
The business was founded by the current owner in 1985 and has been a real labour of love for him. The business has prospered under his ownership accruing an impressive number of satisfied and often repeat customers along with a fantastic reputation.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to the owners wish to enjoy a well-earned retirement, he is keen for his beloved roofing company pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Master Thatchers is experienced and specialises in commercial, domestic, conservation and historical thatching, services provided include;
- New Build Thatching
- Re-Ridging and Repairs
- Moss Removal
- Summer houses and Gazebos
- Fire Barriers
- Thatch Surveys & Reports.
The business operates across the UK but predominantly in the North, Northwest and Scotland and is fully insured, a staff training provider and eco-friendly.
The sale will include the company website and twitter page with over 5,000 followers and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet along with impressive reviews.
The business is currently turning down work, such is its reputation and is enjoying record enquiries. The business currently receives its work from word of mouth and referrals and the sale will include a database of approximately 5000 thatched property addresses.
Reasons to Buy -
- A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- The sale will include a full order book for the next 18 months.
- Current owner is happy to remain in the business and offer a handover for up to 12 months to ensure the smooth transfer and continued success
- The business is recession proof because the vast majority of thatch roofs are listed and must be re-thatched and maintained.
- Ideal bolt on to an existing building or renovations company
- The business has a fantastic relationships with all suppliers bith in th UK and overseas
- Current owner happy to provide full training and teach any new owner how to Thatch
- The owner has ideas about widening the business in new directions such as building and thatching garden buildings and using artificial thatch and using different ridging systems which don’t require thatching skills.
The sale will include all fixtures, fittings and equipment pursuant to the trade, a list of which can be supplied on request. The assets are valued in the region of £100,000.
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed, with the help of 8 full-time members of staff.
The business runs to suit our client.
The business is based in the Greater Manchester/Cheshire Area.
Business only. No premises