Well Established Toy Shop For Sale
- Asking Price: £249,995 +SAV
Very healthy financial profile, with a turnover over £790,000 as per the 2023 accounts.
Please quote reference B06164
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06164
Established in the 2000s by the previous owner, the company is a traditional customer service-focused toy shop, with two branches based in Greater London. In contrast to faceless department stores, the shops aim to create an Aladdin’s cave of toys with a personal touch. Catering to the 0-10 age range, the company prides itself on its high standard of customer service, product knowledge and diverse toy range. Indeed, uniformly positive reviews online and the shops’ awards and accolades testify to the quality of their offering.
The company’s key credentials comprise –
- Its diverse product range;
- Its in-store service;
- Its value for money;
- Its integration within the local communities and support for local schools.
- Healthy financial profile, with a turnover over £790,000 as per the 2023 accounts;
- Prime trading location on the high street;
- Established relationships with local schools and other child-centred outlets, and excellent client base;
- Established relationships with suppliers and existing stock;
- High ranking position on Google;
- Benefits from the recommendations of local guides and magazines;
- Established reputation within the local communities;
- Outstanding reputation;
- Scope for growth, via a renewed marketing strategy, further branches, and an expanded online retail presence.
- Traditional toy shop based in Greater London;
- Well-regarded and embedded within the local communities;
- Prime trading locations;
- Healthy financial profile;
- Scope for growth.
- Opportunity to open further branches across London;
- Opportunity to sign up to NearSt in order to boost footfall;
- Opportunity to expand the company’s online retail presence;
- Opportunity to implement a more concerted marketing strategy.
We are advised that the business over the 2 store locations has 4 Full Time staff members and 10 Part Time staff members.
We are advised the business hours are as followed:
Monday to Saturday - 9.30am to 5.00pm
Sunday - 10.30am to 4.30pm
Just Williams Toys occupies two separate locations in East Dulwich and Beckenham.
- East Dulwich - located on Grove Vale facing the busy roundabout which connects Grove Vale (A22160, Lordship Lane and Spurling Road. There is an excellent choice of complementary community driven businesses in this area including local estate agents, excellent choice of restaurants, bars and coffee shops, clothing and hardware shops, hair and beauty salons, excellent takeaways. The nearest mainline station is East Dulwich.
- Beckenham - located on the busy High street within the heart of Beckenham which includes many complementary independents, restaurants, coffee shops, banks and building societies, a Sainsburys store and Lidl store, Odeon cinema, main post office, several bars and takeaways. There is a large pay and display car park directly behind the High street as well pay and display parking on the High street. Nearest mainline station is Beckenham junction just a few minutes’ walk from the business.
- East Dulwich - comprises a storeroom in the basement, ground floor retail area with 2nd storeroom, 2 x toilets, small kitchen and rear yard with delivery access.
- Beckenham - comprises a larger ground floor retail area, large 1st floor storeroom. kitchen/staff room and toilets with rear parking for either 2 cars or delivery van.
We are advised that both business locations are being sold on a Leasehold basis, with the East Dulwich location having a 10 year Lease available for a new buyer and the Beckenham location having 12 years remaining on the orginal 20 year Lease.