Well Established Toy Shop For Sale
- Asking Price: £249,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the two business combined generated a turnover in the region of £720,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06164
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06164
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market a much loved independent children's toys businesses operating in two highly desirable locations.
Just Williams Toys is a family run business first established in 2006 and is the proud winner of the Independent Toy Shop of the Year in 2017 (and runner up 3 years previously). Our client purchased the business 13 years ago and is now reluctantly selling due to her family's decision to relocate to the south-west.
Just Williams Toys is a south-east London’s children’s tradition and its reputation for offering an unrivalled choice of children’s toys, gadgets and art kits makes it stand out from any other typical high street store available today.
Our client's focus has always been on excellent customer service, training her staff to both know the products they are selling as well as carefully understanding the needs of their loyal young customers.
Part of the success of Just Williams Toys is the close involvement with local schools, parents & children though attending school fares and donating prizes for children's competitions.
The business focuses on the toy/game/art gift for someone’s birthday, a leaving present for a classmate or a surprise gift for family members. Most items are priced between £10-£15, making the choice of gifts accessible to all.
Currently both shops offer the following array of gifts -
- Arts & Crafts - from bead kits, colouring in, mould and paint, craft paper & paints
- Books - from activity books, sticker books, story books for 1–5-year-olds and books for 5+
- Brio – trains, cranes, stations, track, train sets, tunnels & bridges, wooden Thomas
- Games - games for all ages from 4 - 10 +, travel games
- Outdoor - balls, Nerf, skateboards, throwing & flying
- Puzzles - from first puzzles, up to 2,000-piece puzzles
- Toys - action figures, baby & toddler, bath toys, construction, dolls, Hex bugs, magic, musical instruments, Paw control, pocket money toys, role play, Rubik’s, science kits & vehicles
- Lego - from classic Lego to Disney, Dupio, Friends, Harry Potter, Jurassic World, Hidden Side, Minecraft, Ninjago, Speed Champions, Star Wars, Superheroes, Super Mario & Technic
- Balloons/Gift Wrap/Cards - large range of birthday balloons, celebration gift wrap & birthday cards
The business currently concentrates on the ‘walk-in’ retail customer however during the UK’s lockdown period, our client invested money into developing the website to allow on-line ordering. She mainly concentrated on local deliveries or click and collect orders. The new website will go live shortly and is fully integrated to the stock management EPOS system.
We strongly recommend any new owner further develops the on-line purchasing side of the business to significantly increase current turnover levels.
We believe Just Williams Toys breaks the trend for many similar small high street businesses over the years which due to high rents have now left. During the UK lockdown, there was a great resurgence to stay local and where possible shop local. This new demand is clear to see in the figures achieved and we believe any new owner will easily be able to reap the reward for our clients' continuous hard work and passion for this ideal ‘life-style’ changing business opportunity.
Sale of the busniess inclused the following assets -
- Bespoke wooden display shelving & units x 2
- Till and peripherals x 2
- Credit card machine x 2
- Shop laptop including scanner x 2
- Manager’s laptop x 2
- Printer x 2
- CCTV system x 2
- Safe x 2
- Under counter fridge x 2
- Microwave x 2
- Kettle x 2
- 2 x sought after locations
- Trained team in place
- 2 x very well-presented shop units
- Business website, Facebook page
- Excellent Google customer reviews
- Excellent level of available stock
- Handover period offered
- Profitable business model
- Further opportunity for growth
- Renowned reputation, brand image
We are advised that the business over the 2 store locations has 4 Full Time staff members and 10 Part Time staff members.
We are advised the business hours are as followed:
Monday to Saturday - 9.30am to 5.00pm
Sunday - 10.30am to 4.30pm
Just Williams Toys occupies two separate locations in East Dulwich and Beckenham.
- East Dulwich - located on Grove Vale facing the busy roundabout which connects Grove Vale (A22160, Lordship Lane and Spurling Road. There is an excellent choice of complementary community driven businesses in this area including local estate agents, excellent choice of restaurants, bars and coffee shops, clothing and hardware shops, hair and beauty salons, excellent takeaways. The nearest mainline station is East Dulwich.
- Beckenham - located on the busy High street within the heart of Beckenham which includes many complementary independents, restaurants, coffee shops, banks and building societies, a Sainsburys store and Lidl store, Odeon cinema, main post office, several bars and takeaways. There is a large pay and display car park directly behind the High street as well pay and display parking on the High street. Nearest mainline station is Beckenham junction just a few minutes’ walk from the business.
- East Dulwich - comprises a storeroom in the basement, ground floor retail area with 2nd storeroom, 2 x toilets, small kitchen and rear yard with delivery access.
- Beckenham - comprises a larger ground floor retail area, large 1st floor storeroom. kitchen/staff room and toilets with rear parking for either 2 cars or delivery van.
We are advised that both business locations are being sold on a Leasehold basis, with the East Dulwich location having a 10 year Lease available for a new buyer and the Beckenham location having 12 years remaining on the orginal 20 year Lease.