Well known award winning bakery business for sale
Bolton, Greater Manchester
- Asking Price: £499,995 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2020 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £500,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £110,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06217
- Tenure: Freehold
Please quote reference B06217
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Hunters The Bakers, an extremely well established, family run bakery located in Bolton.
Hunters the Bakers was originally established back in 1968, the business has been a real labour of love for them. Only now does the business come to market, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to a wish to pursue other opportunities. The vendors are keen to see their beloved business pass to an enthusiastic owner, to continue the success of the business.
Hunters the Bakers is an award winning, and extremely popular bakery, renowned for their freshly baked artisan breads. The focus of the business has always been on high quality, handmade breads, pastries, and cakes.
The company is renowned for their artisan bread and famous Eccles cakes.
Along with the busy shop, the business also generates income from an element of outside catering and wholesale, supplying to local coffee shops, delis and restaurants.
The sale of the business includes -
Main Bakery -
- Monial Foni 4 deck, 16 tray oven
- Chest fridges 3 door
- Hobart Mixer
- Chest freezer x 4
- Walk in Fridge.
- Upright Racked fridge x 2
- 40-quart Mixer
- Spiral Mixer
- 6 ring gas hob
- Stainless steel benches
- Tall drinks fridge
- Over counter chillers
- Pie warmer
- Soup kettle
- Cold Bain Marie
- Bread display shelving
Reasons to Buy –
- An extremely well-established business with an exceptional reputation and many regular customers
- Low running costs
- Perfect trading position with ample footfall and passing trade
- Current owners would be happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Turnkey business opportunity
- Advertising and marketing campaign
- Extend the opening hours
- Employment of a Sales Manager to canvass local businesses with a view to becoming their preferred supplier.
- Introduce a sandwich round delivering to local businesses.
Hilton Smythe highly advises early viewing to avoid disappointment.
We are advised that the business is owner ran and managed, with the help of 4 full-time and 6 part-time staff members.
We are advised the business hours are -
Monday - 08:00 – 14:00
Tuesday - 08:00 – 14:00
Wednesday - 08:00 – 14:00
Thursday - 08:00 – 14:00
Friday - 08:00 – 14:00
Saturday - 08:00 – 14:00
Sunday - Closed
The business is also trading 24/7 through their online website.
The business is located on Church Road, Halliwell, Bolton.
The area of the business is well served by the public transport system, with several bus stops within easy walking distance of the property.
There are several railway and tram stations nearby, the closest being Bolton train station just 2 miles away. Also, there is a main bus link to and from surrounding towns.
The area is also well served by the A roads leading to the M60/M61 motorway network.
The business is located on Church Road, Halliwell, Bolton. The premises have attractive eye-catching signage, with ample free street parking within the proximity.
Ground floor -
- Upon entrance is the retail area, with a large window display, fixed bread display shelving with access to the main bakery kitchen.
- Storage room and cake room.
- The premises are secured with metal roller shutters and CCTV system throughout.
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Freehold basis.