Well known Clothing Alteration Franchise for sale
- Asking Price: £112,500 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £168,000. Further financials can be made available upon further request. Pre-covid, the business generated turnovers in the region of £217,000, and is on track to generate an even higher turnover in 2022, at around £270,000. Further financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06974
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06974
The business generated a turnover in the region of £168,000 (Covid Affected). Further financials can be made available upon further request. Pre-covid, the business generated turnovers in the region of £217,000, and is on track to generate an even higher turnover in 2022, at around £270,000. Further financials can be made available upon further request.
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market a turn-key franchise opportunity, which was established by our client 9 years ago who is now looking to pursue other business interests at the end of the agreed franchise term.
The business was founded in 2005 offering quality, fast and efficient clothing alterations to the public and local businesses. They have since grown across the UK and Ireland and now has 53 franchise stores due to the high demand among customers for high-quality, cost-effective tailoring services.
A franchise owner manages a team of people who carry out all the alterations so there is no need for any new owner to have any prior experience in seamstressing to successfully take over the business model.
Services include -
- Altering & resizing clothes - suits, dresses, formal wear & wedding attire
- Repairs & restorations - suits, dresses, formal wear & wedding attire
- Dry cleaning - carried out onsite
- Wet cleaning - popular ECO option as does not require chemicals
- Design & creation
- Zip repair/replacement
- Upcycling vintage & pre-loved clothes
- Cushions & other home furnishings - making, alterations & repairs
- Curtain Alterations- including made to measure
It is also strong in recessionary times as a key part of the business offering is repairs and restyling / upcycling of clothes.
Key selling points -
- 30,000 customer details held on POS system
- Appears top of any Google search
- Excellent cash flow (money taken on order)
- New 10 year franchise period to be offered
- Training support offered
- The £15k franchise fee (for new franchises) will be waived
- State of art dry cleaning equipment recently installed
- Opportunity to expand internal working space and further grow sales
- Excellent staff retention (most of team present for 5 years +
- Seamstresses are very talented with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent repeat custom
- High level of referrals
- Over 200 5 star Google reviews
- Business website
- Facebook page - 284 followers
- Corporate business – the business does not currently have any corporate contracts for areas such as curtains / suits etc.
- Made to measure curtains – the business owner has set up a separate site for this and is a part of the business that could be very profitably increased.
- Dry Cleaning – The dry cleaning side of the business has not been pushed hard and there is significant room for growth in this area.
- Pickup and delivery service – This would widen the catchment area and as the business now offers an alterations / curtain and Dry cleaning service there is plenty of scope to grow.
Very rarely do successful franchise opportunities of this standard, size or location come on to the open market and we therefore strongly advise early enquiry to avoid any disappointment.
We are advised the Landlord would also consider selling the freehold (approx value £240,000).
We are advised that the business has 6 full-time and 1 part-time members of staff.
The business trades 6 days a week.
The business occupies a highly desirable trading position in Liverpool.
There is a good availability of customer parking directly outside as well as a busy bus stop.
Nearest mainline station is just 5 mins walk away.
Ground Floor -
- Customer waiting area (with seating)
- Counter area
- 2 x Large fitting rooms
- Open plan seamstress space
- Rear extension - Dry cleaning area
- Additional work room area (with large curtain table)
- Store rooms
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 1 year remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is £2,050 per month (£24,600 per annum).