Well known Convenience Store business for sale.
- Asking Price: £121,000 +SAV
We are advised that as per the 2019 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £1,040,000, with a gross profit in the region of £300,000. The business also has an adjusted net profit in the region of £57,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06040
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06040
Hilton Smythe are delighted to present to the market a city centre located SPAR store, opened as a new concept store by our client 5 years ago.
We are advised that the business is not tied to Spar, and a new buyer can change to any other brand if they require.
There is a full support system in place, organised into the following categories –
- Defining Retail Strategy
- Brand & Store Launch
- Growing Efficiency
- Growing Profitability
- Growing Market Share
A huge part of the business sales is their bakery. The business is well known in the area for the wide range on offer, and this attracts alot of customers looking to get something on their lunch breaks. The business offers a large selection of pasties and sausage rolls, as well as alot of sweet options. The business also makes their own sandwiches daily.
The store currently offers the following range of products –
- Confectionery – large range of boxed chocolates, bagged sweets, American candy, seasonal goodies and biscuits, breakfast bars.
- Crisps & Snacks – bagged nuts, large choice of fresh fruit & veg, small & large bottled and canned soft drinks, water & juices
- Bean to cup coffees to go, hot chocolate & teas
- Large selection of chilled beers, lagers and ciders
- Excellent choice of white & red wines, spirits & mixers
- Essential Groceries
- Unique & large in-store bakery section – offering fresh savoury and sweet pasties, sausage rolls, pies, muffins, croissants, pain au chocolate, cake slices, bread rolls, baguettes & loaves.
- Hot food to go
- Household items – cleaning products, nappies, toiletries & essential medicines
- Cigarettes, Tobacco
- Paypoint, Epay, Apple Pay
- Increase range of hot food to takeaway – pizza’s, hotdogs, toasted sandwiches & panini’s, fresh soups, bagels, jacket potatoes, pretzels etc.
- Increase range of European grocery lines
- Increase range of healthy alternatives – vegan, gluten free, plant based and salads
- Re-develop the 1st floor space to add a further income stream
- In excess of £1M annual turnover
- Very well-known brand & support package
- Many options to reduce current running costs
- Further options to increase current margin levels
- Nil Business rates currently paid
- ‘Turn-key’ business opportunity
- Large nearby student base
- Potential to add on delivery sales
- Full busines handover offered
- Very modern and contemporary shopping experience
- Growing city centre culture
- Ideal bolt-on acquisition
We are advised that the business has 4 full time and 6 part time members of staff.
The business is currently trading;
Monday – 07:00 – 23:00
Tuesday – 07:00 – 23:00
Wednesday – 07:00 – 23:00
Thursday – 07:00 – 23:00
Friday – 07:00 – 23:00
Saturday – 07:00 – 23:00
Sunday – 07:00 – 23:00
This highly desirable SPAR business is located on Armada Way, the main shopping high street within the heart of Plymouth’s City Centre.
This SPAR is one of very few within the country to enjoy such a prominent high street trading position.
This is one of the most sought after trading positions within Plymouth with major High Street retail Brands and Banks including – Barclays, Nationwide, Superdrug, B & M Bargains, House of Fraser, Ted Baker as well the Armada Way Shopping Centre just 2 mins walk away.
Plymouths main Coach Station is less than 100 yards walk from the store as well key attractions such as the Theatre Royal, Plymouth Guildhall and Magistrates Court
There is an excellent choice of hotels which include the Copthorne, The Crown Plaza & the New Continental.
University of Plymouth is within 5 mins walk from the store which faces the City’s mainline train station.
There are customer parking facilities in the nearby Armada Way Shopping Centre.
300 Square metres – arranged over 3 floors.
Ground Floor (Fully connected intruder alarm system)–
Large open shopping space with designated bakery area, hot drinks and snacks to go area, grocery section, soft drinks, confectionery and large crisps section, frozen food area and large alcohol section for both wines and beers. The service counter with 2 x till points is positioned to the right side of the door entry.
- Glass sided open fronted heated bakery display cabinet
- Ambient, individual bakery baskets
- 2 x large, chilled display fridges
- Row of tall, glass fronted display freezers
- 5 x open drinks chillers
- Ice cream display freezer
- Slush drinks machine
- Fully automated self-serve coffee machine (currently leased)
- Pizza oven (currently not used)
- 2 x EPOS Tills (currently leased from Spar)
Large area mainly used for storage (this is the same floor size at the ground floor)
Second Floor –
Includes staff area with toilets, Managers office, further storage areas including a large walk in chiller.
- Bakery storage freezers (4 x large & 1 x small)
- Bakery oven (cost of £10k)
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, with 4 years remaining on the 10 year lease. The rent is currently £4,166 per month and the business also has £0 rates payable.