Well respected hair and beauty salon for sale
- Asking Price: £225,000 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2023 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £225,000. Further financials can be made available upon request.
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07568
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market a highly rated and well presented hair and beauty salon in Cornwall.
The business was originally established by our client in 2009, before moving to the current location in 2014. The salon has built up an excellent reputation and repeat client base. As seen by the online ratings and reviews, the business is highly regarded within the local area.
The hair and beauty salon has now come to the open market due to our clients desire for a change of direction.
The salon is a stylish, modern hair, beauty and wellness experience located in a beautiful Cornish town. The fully renovated premises consists of a large, open plan hair salon on the ground floor and five individual beauty rooms upstairs. 4 of the treatment rooms are currently let out, generating annual rental income of £26,100. A new CCTV system was also recently fitted.
The business is proud of the professional and personal service it offers to its clients and aims to be premier one stop shop for looking and feeling fabulous.
The business offers a range of services including:
- Ladies and Gentlemen’s cuts
- Children’s cuts
- Colouring with consultation
- Balayage & Foilayage
- Hair treatments
- Nail services
- Pedicure Care
- Spray Tanning (St.Tropez)
- Holistic Therapy
- Alternative Therapies
Since moving the business to its current location, the salon has gone from strength to strength. Our client carried out a complete renovation, by creating a larger salon space with 4 good sized treatment rooms, laundry room and extra storage. They also have a great booking system in place , make it very efficient for online bookings. They also have a great website and regularly adds work to their Instagram and Facebook pages to target new clients.
Key selling points -
- A well established with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Prime central trading position with loads of footfall
- Valuable additional income from the renting of rooms
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Perfect bolt in to an existing hair and beauty business looking for a foothold in this popular and sought after location
- Advertising and Marketing campaign. A local leaflet drop usually yields good results
- Extend the opening hours
- Invest in SEO and PPC to drive new clients to the business
- Introduce a customer loyalty card /scheme
We are advised that the business is run and managed by our client, with the help of 1 full-time manager, 3 stylists and 2 apprentices.
The current trading hours are -
Monday to Tuesday - 8:30am - 5:00pm
Wednesday to Thursday - 9:00am - 7:00pm
Friday to Saturday - 9:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday - Closed
The hair and beauty salon is located Cornwall.
The business sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade.
The town is very up and coming, with lots of new development and people moving to the area.
The business occupies three floors of an attractive, period, brick built property.
Ground floor -
- Generous salon space
- Reception desk area
- Customer waiting area
- There are 7 hair stations in the main salon area and 3 backwashes. There's also an area for colour, which can be developed into a work station if needed on busy days. There's plenty of room to rearrange in the future if needed.
- Kitchen facilities
- To the first floor are 3 generous sized treatment rooms and a cloakroom
- To the second floor is another generous treatment room along with a useful store room
We are advised that this being sold on either leasehold opportunity, with lease terms to be agreed with the new buyer. The rent would be around £27,500 per annum.
Our client has advised that they consider selling the Freehold, subject to seperate negotiations.
4 of the treatment rooms are currently let out, generating annual rental income of £26,100.