Reputable Pub/Restaurant For Sale
Wolverhampton, West Midlands
- Asking Price: £86,995 +SAV
Financial information can be made available upon request. Turnover for 2021 was roughly £450k.
The projected turnover for this year is £500,000.
Please quote reference B07025
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07025
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market a true lifestyle changing village pub/restaurant opportunity which dates back to the 1770.
The beautifully presented business has been completely refurbished by our clients since 2019 both internally and externally.
We have been given the opportunity to sell this ‘turn-key’ business due to personal family reasons.
Since taking over the business, our clients have focused on adding a homemade made restaurant menu available for families, older local residents and larger groups looking to celebrate special occasions.
As you can see from the photographs attached, the refurbishment work carried out will allow any new owner the ability to walk straight and continue trading.
Works carried out include -
- Complete internal redecoration
- New tables & chairs
- New curtains & wall hangings
- New bar & kitchen equipment
- Complete new beer garden for 130 - included new summerhouse/smoking shelter, gazebos, seating/parasols, lighting, storage sheds, private owners terraced garden
- Freshly painted exterior & lighting
The current menu includes -
- Locally sourced steaks & burgers
- Delicious homemade spicy chicken wings
- Ultimate beef chilli nachos
- Portobello mushrooms, half pint prawn cocktail
- Horseshoe of gammon
- Tandoori mixed grills
- Pan fried spinach, bacon & prawns
- Slow roasted lamb shanks & pork chops
- Homemade pies of the day
- Fresh haddock & scampi
- Chunky beef chilli, lasagne & cannelloni
- Childrens meals
There is a full festive menu available each year which is always booked up very early as well as key gourmet dining events throughout the year.
The menu is now available for diners to order online.
Key selling points -
- Destination pub business
- Low rental terms (for location & size)
- Largest beer garden space in the area (recent refurb of £25,000 +)
- Outstanding customer reviews
- Excellent customer service levels
- Over 280 Google reviews - average score of 4.⅘
- TripAdvisor - 4.6/5 from 168 reviews
- Business website
- Facebook page
- Instagram page
- Food led operation
- 2-3 bedroomed owners accommodation
- True village community location
- Further opportunity for sales growth
- CCTV system
- Large decorative penny table fixed seating for five & three small bar stools
- Small high round table decorated with bottle tops with 6 highchairs
- New 6-seater table & 6 fabric chairs
- New 6-seater table with six leather chairs
- New 8-seater high table with six high stools & 2 highchairs
- 4-seater table with two long benches
- 2 electric fires in fireplaces
- 2 x 42inch TVs
- 3 x bar stools
- Epos now till (bought in 2021) with kitchen & bar printer included
- 1 x tall standing fridge
- 1 Hobart glasswasher (bought in 2022)
- 2 x under counter bottle fridges serviced every year
- 1 x under counter wine fridge
- 2 x small sinks
- Coffee making area
- Rented ice machine in the cellar
- The cellar has three separate storage areas and fully equipped to service the bar equipment
- Fireplace with electric fire
- 2 x tables of four with eight leather seats
- 2 x tables of six with six leather seats & two church benches that seat 6 people
- Multiple wall & decorative ornaments
- 1 32-inch tv
- Includes newly fitted aluminium gazebo with retractable roof & mesh pull down sides (fitted in 2021)
- 2 x electric patio heaters c, summer house/smoking shelter that seats twelve.
- 3 x rattan tables twenty seats and benches to suit under the gazebo
- Two church benches, two small benches & table (summer house)
- 4 x round wooden tables seat eight each
- 8 x wooden benches that seat six each
- Raised area has eight benches & tables that seat twenty people approx.
- All tables & benches have parasols to suit
- 2 ( 6 x 3 metre) pop up gazebos (£1,300 each) - bought in 2021 & used for outside events
- Festoon lighting & coach lamps
- 3 x storage sheds
- Rear Car park was resurfaced in 2016 and has thirty-three spaces x1 disabled all flood lit
The kitchen is a new extension fitted in 2017 with all new canopy & gas cut off all covered in plastic compliant wall covering & aluminium kitchen flooring. All equipment was bought in 2017 with upgrades and replacements along the way
- 1 x Falcon 6 burner oven
- 1 x falcon salamander grill
- 4 x microwaves
- Triple door counter fridge
- Adexa countertop salad fridge
- Hot cupboard with hot lamps
- Unique char grill
- Hotpoint tall fridge
- Indesit small freezer
- Hobart 2019 dishwasher
- Double sink
- X 3 single sinks
- 4 x separate shelving/storage areas
- 1 x 22-inch Tv
- 3 x prep work tops
- Twelve gastro tray and unit
- Plates, bowls, ramekins, cups & saucers etc (to service eighty covers)
- All utensils, pots pans etc. will be inc
- 3 x chest freezers
- 1 x large double foster fridge
- 1 x washing machine
- Storage shelves
- 1 x countertop
- 1 x vaclensa de carb machine
- 2 x combi boilers fitted in 2017
- 1 x Cctv unit fitted in 2017
- Alarm system is a Chubb system (serviced yearly)
Very rarely do pub/restaurant opportunities of this standard, size or location come on to the open market and we therefore strongly advise early viewing to avoid any disappointment.
We are advised TRUST INNS will offer any new owner a new 5 year lease term.
The business is run and managed by 3 full time and 4 part time staff members.
The business trading hours are:
Monday to Sunday - 12:00pm - 23:00pm
The Fieldhouse Bar & Restaurant occupies a large trading position on Perton Road in Perton, South Staffordshire.
The old public house dates back to the 1770 parts of which have been rebuilt and added to during the 19th century. The area was all farm land until the 20th century before a few houses were built nearby followed by the Perton estate to its north.
The pub is a hidden gem, loved by both local residents and those visiting the area seeking good food and friendly customer service.
Perton is a large village located in the south of Staffordshire which lies just 3 miles south of Codsall and 4 miles west of Wolverhampton.
The public house is surrounded by key footfall drivers which include the listed Wightwick Manor located close by and Perton Park Golf Club.
The area is conveniently accessed just off the Bridgnorth Road (A454) which acts as the main link road between Wolverhampton and Bridgnorth.
The pub benefits from a large free customer park on site for 32 cars (including designated disabled spaces).
- Large beer garden for 130 people
- Rear car park for 32 cars
- Private owners terrace
- 3 x storage sheds
- Main Bar - 32 covers
- Bar servery - includes new beer pumps/fridges
- Restaurant - 20 covers
- Catering kitchen - added to the building in 2017
- Toilet facilities
- Cellar - 3 x storage areas
- 2 x double bedrooms
- 1 x single bedroom/office
- Large living room
- Fully fitted kitchen
- Large family bathroom
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with a new 5 year lease to be offered, the rent is £2400 per month the rent is only payable 11 months of the year as an incentive.
Rates are payable at £430 per month.