Our Complaints Procedure
Complaints Procedure (Hilton Smythe Business Sales)
In the unlikely event that you have a complaint, we have a formal complaints procedure which is guided by our membership to the Property Ombudsman’s code of conduct for your piece of mind. Hilton Smythe takes complaints seriously and will try to reach a resolution in the shortest possible time frame and where possible without the intervention of the Ombudsman.
Our complaints process is detailed below:
- Please submit your concerns, in writing, addressed to Hilton Smythe, 20 Wood Street, Bolton BL1 1DY or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The concerns raised will be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt.
- Your concerns will then be passed to the appropriate Manager or Director to investigate.
- You will receive a full written response to the concerns raised within 15 working days of receipt.
- If you are not satisfied with the response or the process itself, and we have not marked our response as our final viewpoint, an appeal can be lodged, in writing, as above, but addressed to the Board of Directors. The appeal will be allocated to the appropriate Director, overseen by the CEO.
- The Director will respond and work to the same time frames as above, with a view to resolving the concerns raised.
- We will contact you in writing during the process, to advise of progress and discuss time frames if the complaint warrants a longer period of investigation.
- If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may take the matter to the Ombudsman Scheme for an independent decision. To do so, you must write to the Ombudsman directly, using the contact details below.
- It is sometimes necessary to mark our first response as our final viewpoint, and offer no further right of appeal, other than referral to the ombudsman. This is largely because there is no further, independent person who has not been previously involved in the complaint resolution.
Complaints can be escalated to the Property Ombudsman, within 12 months of our final viewpoint, using the contact details below:
The Property Ombudsman
43-55 Milford Street
Please note, this complaints procedure does not apply to Hilton Smythe Finance or any Financial Services.