Deciding to Sell
Small business owners rely on their trade for their livelihood, so selling up is big decision. Serious considerations need to be made, including how much you expect someone to pay for the business, and its actual value. Sometimes business owners have no choice but to sell, for example if they fall ill or have to move away. For others it’s more of a lifestyle choice, if they want to take a step back from the pressure of running a business or sell up and retire.
Here are five questions you should ask yourself before deciding to sell your garage: Is stock and equipment to be included in the sale?
- How is the car industry doing at the moment?
- Is turnover good for the past few years?
- Is trade steady or increasing?
- Would your business be worth more in a couple of years?
- Finding the best time to sell your business is even more complex than finding the right time to sell a house!
The good news is that finding out exactly how much your business is currently worth won’t cost you a penny with Hilton Smythe. If you’re considering selling your garage, we offer a free, no obligation valuation service to help you make your final decision.
A business expert who understands what buyers are looking for will tell you the real value of your business. We can then advise how to get the best price – we know you’ve worked hard for a long time to build your business, so we’ll help you get the most value out of it.
Professional and friendly advice
As the leading broker, we’re in the best position to offer expert advice and also have top connections such as solicitors and accountants to help you along the way. We offer jargon-free, professional advice so we can guide you through every step of the selling process. We also pride ourselves on being friendly and approachable, so you’ll feel comfortable communicating with us throughout the sale progression. We’ll make sure we offer the best advice to help you make informed decisions and achieve the best possible price for your garage.
Sell your Garage or Repair Shop the Hilton Smythe Way
- Local knowledge and expertise through our local Valuers
- Personal service from one of our Sales Negotiators
- Independent Feefo rating of 4.7/5
- Over 3,000 email enquiries from buyers every month.