Beautifully Presented Cafe/Bistro For Sale
London, City of London
- Asking Price: £100,000 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £290,000 as of 2021, further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06746
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06746
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market ‘park cafe hönle,’ a beautifully presented community focus cafe/bistro positioned on the edge of this much loved park.
The ‘park cafe hönle’ was created by our client over 5 years ago, whose vision for creating a welcoming space for all types of people, serving an ethical and organic menu was born.
Our client discovered the boarded up building (which had previously been toilet facilities) and applied to the local council who owned the building to transform its use and create a new community cafe space.
Following an initial investment of approx £150,000, the business opened its doors in July 2015.
Work carried out included -
- New roof
- New windows
- New security shutters
- New electrics
- High specification commercial kitchen
- Contemporary dining area
- New toilet facilities
- Staff area/storage space
- Breakfast - selection of breakfast rolls and breakfast pastries including croissants, pain au chocolat, almond croissant, Danish, muffins and cakes
- Lunch - Lunch boxes consist of lemon chicken, vegetarian lasagne or braised pork shoulder served with salad leaves, new potatoes, cherry tomatoes and broccolini. Two different pasta dishes each day (meat & vegetarian options)
- Dessert - selection of tarts and pastries
- Drinks - fresh bean to cup coffees (use Monmouth coffee produced in Bermondsey) , pots of teas, still & sparkling waters, soft drinks, juices
- Wine list - a carefully chosen list of European wines not available in most stores. There is a choice of sparkling wines, white, red & rose
- Beer - the business also sells Augustiner from Munich
Our client also recently launched its very own park cafe hönle cup - a collaboration between designer and skater Lou Salasca and the world famous German porcelain manufacturer Arzberg.
park cafe hönle also supports local artists live music events throughout the year.
The cafe holds a licence for both on premises and off premises sales, allowing them to serve wines both indoors/outdoors as well individual orders for customers looking to enjoy their wine at home.
The full menu is made freshly prepared on site in the fully equipped commercial kitchen and available for inside or outside diners and for those looking to takeaway.
Our client currently concentrates on the morning and lunchtime trade only however identifies there is significant demand for the early evening market (especially in the summer months). The cafe currently has the permission to open from 8.00am - 22.00pm.
We are advised the number of lunches prepared averages between 40 -80 (at weekends).
Key selling points -
- ONLY cafe unit of this type available to purchase in London
- On and off site alcohol licence
- Centre of area designated for significant residential development
- Evening bistro/pop up restaurant potential
- Very successful example of a community focused business model
- Refurbished and refit to an exceptional standard
- Ethically sourced produce
- Large outside terrace area for 50 covers which could be expanded
- Full business handover offered
- Trained team in place
- Renewable 10 year council lease in place (yearly rent of just £10,000)
- Business website included
- Instagram page - with over 1,000 followers
- Turnover in excess of £300,000!
- Two arm semi-automated coffee machine & grinder
- Pass through dishwasher
- 2 x glass fronted display fridges
- Electric stove
- Electric griddle
- Selection under counter fridges & freezers
- Ice machine
- Large extraction unit
- Holding oven
- Stainless steel chilled preparation unit
- Service counter, internal & external chair, tables
- Large stock of glasses, cutlery & crockery
We feel this is currently one of London’s most exciting cafe/bistro opportunities which benefits from a park location not seen in any other area. The excellent lease terms in place with Lewisham Council makes the business unit even more desirable!
We advise very early enquiry to avoid disappointment.
The business is run and managed by 5 part time staff members.
The business trading hours are as followed:
Monday to Sunday - 09:00am - 17:00pm
‘park cafe hönle’ occupies a unique and prominent trading position in Folkestone Gardens, a beautiful well maintained small park located in Deptford, south east London.
Folkestone Gardens is located just off Trundleys Road in Deptford which is now part of the London Borough of Lewisham. It was created in the 1970’s on an area badly damaged by the bombs in World War II. The park was named after a street of railwaymen’s houses that once stood on part of the site.
Deptford has become one of south London’s hottest developing areas with a busy high street and market offering everything from fresh fish, bric-a-brac, indie shops, tapas and Caribbean food to name a few.
There are hundreds of new apartments being built within the area, including one development on the edge of the park near the cafe. Studio Egret West have just won planning consent for 3,500 new homes, arranged over a cluster of towers next to Millwall’s home ground.
Deptford is located very close to Greenwich and Surrey Quays, it holds onto its traditional community values while attracting a new eclectic mix of residents. There is lots to do, including a choice of open areas for a relaxing walk or summer sunbathe.
The nearest bus stop is at Surrey Canal Road opposite the park and the closest Transport for London stations are Surrey Quays, Canada Water and New Cross.
There is free parking all day around Folkestone Gardens.
Ground floor -
- Internal dining area for 35 covers
- Open plan service area
- Full equipped kitchen
- Store area/staff facilities
- Outdoor seating for 50
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with 10 years remaining on the Lease. The rent is £833 per month.