Completely Transformed Hair & Beauty Salon
Please Quote Reference B05824
Hilton Smythe is delighted to present to the market House of Hair and Beauty.
The salon first opened its doors over 20 years ago and has been completely transformed by our client who purchased the business in 2010. They embarked on an extension to the front salon space in 2015 which doubled the total salon unit making this one of the largest salon experiences in the area.
The salon offers both a full range of hairdressing services as well Beauty treatments. We are advised that the current sales mix consists of 70% hairdressing and 30% beauty.
We are advised there is a very healthy mix of clients from 16-year-olds up to their grandmothers!
Business Unique Selling Points:
- Unique, boutique presented salon space with opulent client waiting area, making this a ‘Turnkey’ opportunity with no updating required following purchase.
- Recently extended backwash, kitchen and beauty room space to the rear of the salon.
- New lease to issue to any new buyer with opportunity to buy the freehold at a later point.
- Healthy retail sale which includes both Davines and Elemis gift sets, GHD’s and gift vouchers.
- Chemical free, vegan friendly shampoos and colour range (Davines is vegan friendly, sustainable, ethical and recyclable).
- Proud stockists of Milcosmetics makeup range.
- Paper not foil - sustainable alternative to aluminium, foil or plastic.
- Careful consideration taken to ensure the entire salon is fully disabled friendly including the toilet facilities and beauty rooms.
- New website.
- Excellent business Facebook page with a 4.9/5 customer review score.
- New marketing campaign.
- More pamper packages and hen party / celebration Beauty sessions.
- Increase current staffing numbers.
As of the 2019 accounts the salon achieved a turnover in the region of £175,000 and an adjusted net profit of £45,000. For further information reference B05824.
The business is run and managed by 1 of our clients (who works 4 days a week), 1 x full time stylist, 1 x part time stylist, 2 x beauty therapists.
SUNDAY & MONDAY - Closed
TUESDAY - 9am to 7pm
WEDNESDAY - 9am to 5.30pm
THURSDAY - 9am to 8pm
FRIDAY - 9am to 5.30pm
SATURDAY - 9am to 4pm
House of Hair enjoys a central trading position along Stoke Road in Gosport, Hampshire.
The salon sits along a busy parade of community shops which include popular cafes, restaurants, opticians, funeral directors, bike shop, florists, fitness centre and busy Waitrose store.
Gosport is a popular town in Hampshire on the south coast, situated on a peninsula on the western side of Portsmouth Harbour, opposite the city of Portsmouth linked by the Gosport Ferry,
The salon attracts mainly loyal local customers living within the area.
The business benefits from a large free customer car park located directly behind the salon.
All main bus routes pass in front along Stoke Road into the centre of Portsmouth.
- Full height window display unit (for retail products).
- Right side - client waiting area consisting of French reproduction furniture which includes 1 sofa and 2 chairs, a bespoke table shelving system has been attached to the wall space to provide additional retail display area.
- Central reception desk - made from cream leather with feature studs, includes client database & pc, till and card machine and storage.
- 9 x spacious hair stations - each with the same French themed hairdressing chair in cream leather, full length client mirror, fixed table and storage shelf.
- Rear central make up table and bespoke colours storage unit.
- Private space - designated area for 3 x high specification backwash units, includes fixed storage unit for shampoos/conditioners.
- Disabled/ Unisex toilet.
- Side entrance/rear fire exit.
- Kitchen / Staff room - fully fitted kitchen with wall and base units, sink unit, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Beauty Area - 2 x manicure tables, storage units.
- Shower room with additional toilet facilities.
- Treatment Room 2 - electric treatment bed, storage facilities and large bi- fold doors which allow connection to Treatment Room 2.
- Treatment Room 1 - larger treatment room with electric bed and storage facilities.
- Fire exit leads to shared rear yard and direct access to the free car park.
A new 10-year Lease will be made available with new terms to be agreed by both sides, the business benefits from full small business relief paying 0 rates in the current year.