Extremely well established butchers for sale
Eastbourne, East Sussex
- Asking Price: £249,950 +SAV
We are advised as per the 2021 accounts, the business generated a turnover in the region of £275,000, with an adjusted net profit in the region of £63,000. Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06948
- Tenure: Freehold
Please quote reference B06948
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Downlands Butchers which is a well established retail butchers shop with a renowned reputation amongst local residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a high turnover local business in an area teeming with customers.
There has been a butchers shop at these premises for many years. The current owner has run it for the last 8 years or so when he took over from his father who had run it successfully and lucratively for nearly 30 years previously , the business has continued to flourish under his ownership accruing an impressive number of regular customers and a fantastic reputation, the business really has been a labour of love for him and is now only being sold, albeit very reluctantly and with a heavy heart only because of his wish to pursue a change of direction.
The vendor is keen to see his beloved butchers shop pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner(s) who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Downland Family Butchers sells a great selection of meat products including:
Meat is the highest quality and British and is ethically sourced wherever possible from local farmers in the Eastbourne and surrounding area.
The sale will include the company Facebook and Instagram pages and the business enjoys great visibility on the internet along with impressive reviews such as;
- “Great service and Great quality meat!”
- “Great customer service, highly recommended“
- “Fantastic sausages and smoked bacon but the real winner for me is the absolutely delicious smoked Wiltshire ham. I first had it in a croissant at a nice café and it was so good I had to find out where they got the ham from!”
- Advertising and marketing campaign, a local leaflet drop usually produces good results
- Develop a wholesale arm to the business supply local pubs and restaurants etc
- Website ideally with an e-commerce facility
- Extend the meat range even introducing Vegan and meatless meats
- Extend the opening hours
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- All fixtures, fittings and equipment included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
- Prime trading position with little or no competition locally
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Ideal for a butcher looking for their first foray into self employment
- Priced to facilitate a quick sale
We are advised that the business is owner run and managed, with the help of the owners mum and other casual staff as required.
The business hours are -
Monday - Closed
Tuesday – 8:00am – 3:00pm
Wednesday – 8:00am – 3:00pm
Thursday – 8:00am – 3:00pm
Friday – 8:00am – 3:00pm
Saturday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Downlands Butchers is located in East Dean.
East Dean is located between the coastal towns of Eastbourne and Seaford, half a mile inland from the white cliffs of the Seven Sisters.
East Dean is an active and thriving community and is home to a number of independent businesses.
Downlands Butchers is ideally positioned in a small but unusually busy and vibrant shopping area and sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses such as a hairdressers, café, beauty salon and general stores and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade along with regular custom.
The business is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive livery. There is free customer parking immediately outside the premises.
The business occupies ground floor premises in a purpose built retail shop and comprises a generous retail area with tiled entrance, vinyl non slip flooring, fluorescent lighting, two refrigerated, glass serve over counters, chalked menu boards, chest freezer etc.
There is a generous preparation area / cutting room with stainless steel preparation tables, butchers block and a walk-in chiller.
We are advised that this business is being sold on a Freehold basis.