Well established Post Office business for sale
- Asking Price: £749,995 +SAV
We are advised that the business generated a turnover in the region of £277,000 (including Post Office salary). Full financials can be made available upon further request.
Please quote reference B06125
- Tenure: Freehold/Leasehold
Please quote reference B06125
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of Malvern Link Post Office, which is a well-established business with a renowned reputation amongst local residents.
This is a superb opportunity to take on a popular and well used Post Office and Store in a busy area teeming with customers. This business opportunity is being sold on either a Freehold or Leasehold.
The current owners have run the business successfully and lucratively for the last 17 years and are now selling, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to their wish to enjoy a well-earned retirement.
Malvern link Post office is centrally located and thus benefits from an impressive number of regular customers, many of whom use the business daily and are known on a first name basis.
The business is well stocked and sells a comprehensive range of products including;
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Crisps and snacks
- Dairy products
- General groceries
- Bread and cakes
- Ice cream
- Soft drinks
- A well-established business with a huge regular custom base
- Prime trading position at the heart of the town
- Little or no competition locally
- Low running costs
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- A real lifestyle business offering the opportunity to live and work in Malvern Link
- Includes lovely living accommodation (Freehold Option)
- Current owners happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
We are advised that the business has 2 full time staff members.
The business hours are -
Monday - 09:00 – 17:00
Tuesday - 09:00 – 17:00
Wednesday - 09:00 – 17:00
Thursday - 09:00 – 17:00
Friday - 09:00 – 17:00
Saturday - 09:00 – 12:30
Sunday - Closed
Malvern Link Post Office is located on Worcester Road, Malvern Link, Worcestershire.
Malvern Link is an area of Malvern to the north and east of Great Malvern and is the location of the majority of Malvern’s council and private housing estates and retail parks and factory centres that have emerged since the 1950’s.
The main shopping centre stretches along Worcester Road from the junction of Spring Lane to the junction of Pickersleigh road.
The Post Office is ideally positioned in the centre of this busy and vibrant shopping area, in a main road position and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade.
Ground floor -
- Upon entrance is the large service area with a large storeroom, office and kitchen to the rear. The ground floor also has 2 WCs.
- Large living room, office, kitchen, Bedroom 1 (with En-Suite), utility room, Bedroom 2 and large bathroom.
- Bedroom 3, WC and Bedroom 4
- Large garden and patio area at the rear.
The following is also included in the sale -
- Drinks fridges
- Displays stands.
- Card racking system.
- Ample slat wall panelling
- Till system
- Tea and coffee machine
- Post office stations
We are advised that the business is being sold on both a Freehold and Leasehold basis. For the Leasehold, a new lease will be negotiated, with the rent at £17,000 per annum.
The leasehold option does not include the living accommodation on the 1st & 2nd floors.