Reputable Florist For Sale
- Asking Price: £70,000 +SAV
We are advised the business generated a turnover of circa £260,000 as of 2022, further financial information can be made available upon request.
Please quote reference B06867
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B06867
Hilton Smythe are very excited to offer to the market a truly inspirational Artisan floristry business opportunity with over 25 years successful trading in this highly sought after location.
The business is an independent florist who offer a beautiful choice of flowers and plants for both retail customers, local deliveries, weddings and funerals. They are a ‘Master Florist’ and members of the BFA with an unbridled passion for country style Artisan flowers. Fleurs unrivalled reputation has been built upon their personal customer service, quality, attention to detail and ability to undertake last minute local delivery orders.
In addition to their extensive choice of locally grown flowers, the business offers an excellent choice of handpicked gifts including vases, aromatherapy candles, handmade cards, houseplants, outdoor plants available in various ceramic glazed pots and vases.
What makes this business different? -
- Excellent relationship with local growers
- Large choice of ‘add-on’ gift ranges
- Offer a ‘Just Stems’ weekly flower box delivery service
- Weekly, fortnightly or monthly flower subscriptions
- Reputation for luxurious blooms (not available in any nearby florist)
- Uniquely presented retail unit
- Offer both local and national deliveries (including supplying other florists)
- All staff paid above the industry minimum
- Online ordering facility (through own website)
Key selling points -
- Individually designed business website
- Instagram page - 1,470 followers
- Facebook page - 514 followers (5 star customer rated)
- Pinterest & Twitter pages
- Excellent testimonials (Google 4.7/5 customer review score)
- New lease term to be offered
- Full business handover
- Opportunity to significantly increase current turnover levels
- Unique location
‘Thank you so very much for the flowers you put together for my wife’s special birthday last week. She is very particular in the things she likes, especially floristry, and she was absolutely thrilled!
I asked you to put an arrangement together with just a few guidelines regarding colour, type, etc and left it to you to come up with something special. The result was amazing. You absolutely nailed it and my wife was so thrilled. It made her day, especially as you delivered them exactly when you said you would.
A week on, they still look fabulous. She has separated the original arrangement and tends them every day. I have attached some photos to show how great they still look.
Thank you for your care, skill and expertise. You have made her so happy, she never stops saying thank you for them and, not only did you make her birthday even more special, you have and continue to make every day special as the flowers just last and last’
‘Thank you so so much - it was an honour to do your flowers and I know your Mother loved our country style so it was truly lovely to make them for you. Such a kind review is so very appreciated’
The following is included in the sale:
- Epson printer
- Credit card machine ((hired)
- Air Con (we have two but only one working)
- Flower stand
- Sideboard x 2
- Shelving units x 4
- Tables x 2
- Toaster, kettle and fridge
The business is run and managed by 2 full time and 2 part time staff members.
The business trading hours are as followed:
Monday - Closed
Tuesday to Saturday - 08:30am - 17:30pm
Sunday - Closed
The business occupies a traditional brick built property located within East and West Sussex.
The beautifully presented store is located just off the historic market square which offers an array of both independently owned retailers, cafes and jewellers as well as key branded stores such as John Lewis, Marks & Spencer and Boots.
The florist benefits from being central to several pay and display car parks, the main bus station and mainline train station.
The premises is briefly comprised of the following:
- Ground floor - main retail area, storage and staff toilet facilities
- First floor - workroom areas and storage
We are advised the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis with a new Lease to be offered to a new buyer, the rent will be £1,500 per month with rates payable at £1,148.