Well established cafe for sale
- Asking Price: £34,900 +SAV
Further financials can be made available upon request.
- Tenure: Leasehold
Please quote reference B07414
Hilton Smythe are delighted to welcome to the market Charlottes Coffee House & Sandwich Bar, a highly rated cafe in the heart of Ipswich.
Charlottes Coffee House & Sandwich Bar was originally established back in 2000, with our client taking over in 2022. During that time, the business has built up an excellent reputation and repeat client base. As seen by the fantastic online reviews, the business is extremely popular within the local community.
The business opportunity has now come to the open market due our clients desire to concentrate on other business interests.
Charlottes Coffee House & Sandwich Bar is modern, high quality cafe/coffee house offering a peaceful, friendly atmosphere, artisan coffee, a variety of freshly made hot meals using local ingredients wherever possible. They have a packed counter, filled daily with handmade sandwiches with a massive choice of fillings, scrumptious cakes, pastries and loaves.
Customers can eat in, takeaway or have food delivered, and the business is proud of its five star hygiene rating.
The business enjoys great visibility on the internet and enjoys a 5/5 Facebook rating with impressive reviews.
Key selling points -
- A well established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
- Prime trading position in the centre of town with loads of footfall
- Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success of the business
- Ideal owner managed or partnership business
- Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
- Perfect opportunity for someone looking for their first foray into business ownership/self employment.
- Advertising and Marketing campaign, a local leaflet drop usually yields good results
- Maximise the use of social media
- Extend the opening hours perhaps opening as a bistro in the evenings
- Develop an outside catering arm to the business
- Introduce a sandwich round delivering to local businesses at lunchtimes
We are advised that the business has 2 full-time and 1 part-time members of staff.
The current trading hours are -
Monday to Friday – 8am – 4pm
Saturday – 9am – 3pm
Sunday - Closed
Charlottes Coffee House & Sandwich Bar is located on Queens Street, in the heart of Ipswich.
The business has eye catching signage, receiving high levels of footfall and passing trade.
The business occupies the ground floor of an inner terraced retail unit, is beautifully presented and fastidiously maintained and briefly comprises;
Café/Coffee Shop/Sandwich Bar space -
- Windows and glazed door to front creating a light, airy and inviting interior.
- Tile flooring.
- Glass fronted and refrigerated serve over counters.
- 4 Compartment stainless steel fridges.
- Double glass fronted drinks chiller.
- Rear kitchen - With wash up area and storage space
- Store Area - With perimeter shelving and floor storage space
- Rear Yard - With bin store and allocated parking for one car
We are advised that the business is being sold on a Leasehold basis, currently on 10 year lease. The rent is £11,000 per annum.